Author Topic: Hello !!!!  (Read 4474 times)

Offline tgf600

Hello !!!!
« on: August 08, 2005, 12:44:57 AM »
 ;D

Im a new member here and would like to say Hi !

Duane and I started out on the wrong foot but hopefully everthings ok.

There's one thing about me, I will speak my mind.

Being a City Council Member and County Commissioner and also former Police Officer  I have dealt with many people.

If you really want some heat, become involved in politics.

Just wanted to give you a little background.

Tim

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Hello !!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 01:21:23 AM »
Welcome, Tim.   ;D

You say you are thinking about an R-9 -- this is the place to get some perspective on this gun.  $969 is not too bad a price, but you could probably do a little better.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 12:07:09 PM »
Hi Tim, and welcome :)

If you ain't already done so - browse around here and you'll find plenty to read about the R9.... many morsels of info.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 02:53:26 PM »
Tim:

Welcome aboard.  I think you will find that it's a good group of people who frequent this Forum.  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Hello and Oooops...!!!!...
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 04:14:14 PM »
>>Ooops.  I already posted this under your "for sale" thread...but just in case you haven't been back...

>>Hi Tgf600, and welcome to the forum...!  I agree that $1k is a lot to spend on a CCW - especially when you consider the weapon would likely be held up in the courts for a while at best even if you were justified using it.  On the other hand...because this gun is so small and especially light - it is more likely you will carry the R9 more often than many other CCW guns...it's just that comfortable to carry.  And that may one day save your life, which is certainly worth more than $1000.  Food for thought = maybe not new, but filling all the same.

For what it's worth, I was so impressed with the R9 and the Rohrbaugh factory folks that I purchased two R9s...as have a number of other folks around here.  I couldn't really tell you why I did this, as I have not designated my #2 gun as a true Safe Queen.  Maybe it's the thought that one day I might need to send one gun in to be worked on (or fancied up with engraving, or whatever), and I wanted to have a backup...?  Can't remember what I told my wife other than that they are GREAT guns, and if one is good, two is better...?...!!

Whatever you decide to do, we would all be interested in getting to know you better including your thoughts/questions about the R9 yeah or neigh.  Or, at least I would.  BTW...sorry to hear you started off on the wrong foot with Gator, but those of us around here tend to agree with the points he made and we think a lot of him as a person, and for making this forum available to those of us who are fascinated with the R9.  So don't be shy and please tell us something about you and what lead you to even consider the R9 for CCW...TW<<

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 04:52:35 PM »
Well said TW.

Tim, Welcome, forget the past, enjoy the forum and have fun learning about the R9.

Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 10:26:13 PM »
Tim,  
    Welcome to the forum. There are some great people here and you'll get terrific info and some good fun to go with the new friends. Enjoy yourself and experience an cool place to learn and share mutual interests.

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline jedijim

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 02:24:43 PM »
Hi everyone:  I am the proud new owner of an R9-S.  I also carry a Glock 19 which I have owned since 1989.  I was very pleased with not only the quality of the R9 but with it's pointability and accuracy.  I found that it was as easy to fire quickly on target as the Glock I have practiced with for years.
The R9 has replaced my P3-AT as my daily BUG and now when it is not practical to pack the Glock I no longer feel under protected.  

As far as the R9 not being a gun for beginners, that is probably true, but with a bit of instruction my wife who had nevered fired a weapon until 3 months ago was producing respectable clusters with the R9.  (She started with the Glock)

Jim 8)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 02:35:13 PM »
Jim, Welcome to the forum. So happy that you enjoyed the R9 and your wife is shooting it too. If she gets more comfortable with the R9, you may need another one for you to shoot. Thats the idea behind the R9, a 9mm in a small package that can be carried every day.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline jedijim

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 02:51:47 PM »
Hi Tom:  Thanks for the welcome.  Another R9 is not out of the question, but for now my wife doesn't carry she just wanted to know how to use a weapon if needed and I am not around.  

If I ever find something I like better than my ancient Glock she will likely inherit it, but I have been looking for a long time!

Jim

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 04:00:12 PM »
Jim welcome aboard! :)  Glad you like the pup - most impressed re your wife's results with it too.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline jedijim

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 04:28:01 PM »
Hi Chris:  I think my wife picked it up so quickly, because, the grip angle is so similar to the G19.  Once she got over flinching due to slightly more recoil she could handle the piece just fine.  

For me, after mastering the P3-AT the R9 was a walk in the park.  A lot of people bad-mouth the little Kel-Tec but for its intended purpose it is a bargain.  That said, it is 10 times harder than the R9 to shoot with any kind of accuracy and firing the little .380 is a little like getting your hand whacked with a tack hammer with every round.  

The quality of the R9 is as fine as any piece I owned or fired.  I would reccommend it to anyone as the best backup or deep conceal piece available at any price. I was fortunate to get mine from a dealer in Alaska for $899.00.  I could not be more pleased.  

Jim