Author Topic: FS (FL): Ruger SP-101 .357 (Gemini Customs)  (Read 11299 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
FS (FL): Ruger SP-101 .357 (Gemini Customs)
« on: July 28, 2005, 11:42:48 AM »
Note to my friends at the Rohrbaugh Forum only:  Yes -- this is the gun you have seen in various threads here.  It was built with Gemini's help for a Concealed Carry Magazine project and although I like it a lot, I need to clear the decks for a new writing project.  I have "previously owned" some of the nicest guns around... here is the next on the list.  Perhaps I need a 12 step program...  Fortunatley, my various "writers discounts" allow me to sell this gun without losing my shirt.  ;)

Ruger SP-101 .357 Magnum with 3-1/16” barrel (KSP-331X)
This one-owner gun is in excellent condition and has had approximately 250 rounds through it.

The work done to this revolver by Marc Morganti at Gemini Customs is truly impressive.  This gun has had Gemini’s SP package treatment, including a complete action tuning, crowning of the barrel, chamfering of cylinder throats, recontouring and polishing the trigger, bobbing and polishing of the hammer, dehorning for carry, replacement of all springs, polishing all plungers and pins, bead blasting the entire gun, and an electro-chemical etch with the Gemini Customs Logo.  ($230 package).   This gun also has beautiful walnut Badger grips ($70) and a Meprolight front tritium night sight ($52 plus installation).  Finally, it has been machined to accept moonclips—also done by Gemini Customs ($120).

All in all, this gun has had over $470 worth of custom work done, in addition to the original price of the gun.  It is a very sweet shooting gun, and one of the nicest SP-101s you will find.

This sale includes the original box, manual, papers and lock.  It also includes 20 moonclips by TK Moonclips ($30 for the extra 10 clips).  This sale does not include the original SP black rubber grips.  Also note that this gun does not have the Gemini Customs hybraporting – it is not ported.

For more info on Gemini Customs, visit their website at www.geminicustoms.com.  If you have questions about the work or the use of moonclips, feel free to e-mail me with questions.

This gun would cost over $900 to create, not to mention the wait time.   I am asking $725, including shipping to your FFL.  I would consider a face-to-face sale in the Tampa Bay, Florida area and would discount accordingly.

If interested or if you have questions, please e-mail me at Admin@RohrbaughForum.com.  
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
Re: FS (FL): Ruger SP-101 .357 (Gemini Customs)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 02:56:04 PM »
Fly,
   What a great gun! You have GREAT taste pal! Really glad to hear that you got your R-9s. Saw the brief range report. Looks like you'll have a good partner in that little package. How is the quest for RJ's Grim Reaper going? I hope you are getting close.
Mike
doubletapMike

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »
Wow, what a steal! ::)  I have the exact same work done by Marc. and know what a gem this thing is and how $ the work costs! The new owner will be a very happy man!

Cheers!

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 05:59:27 PM »
B - b - b - but Duane - you only just got that back! ;)  OK - I know really!

This will be a great buy for someone - not me unfortunately, having pretty much ''put the brakes on'' in recent times.

Mike - IIRC it is Fly chasing the ''Grim Reaper''!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 06:09:40 PM »
Hey R-9SCarry,
   Yeah, thats kind of ironic isn't it! Fly Is a "Bad Dude!"
( Pretty cool too!)  Boy, That Ruger is Sweet.  So Many guns, so little time. Lately every time I see a great gun, it belongs to either Fly or RJ. I'm having trouble catching up. If my sweet wife finds out, there will be one huge tag sale at my house. I won't be alive to see it, but there will be some great guns on the market!

Mike
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 06:13:27 PM by doubletapMike »
doubletapMike

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 06:23:21 PM »
Mike - they do have some exquisite guns - I can't compete on aesthetics same way but - could be many of my gun pics were posted before you joined - I have wayyyy too many. ::) :P

If you or anyone wants a specific pic of some or other gun - just holler and one of us will probably oblige! :)

I'll throw in my one concession to ''collector 'bling' '' - not the best of commemoratives but - not that bad either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for drift Duane - not trying to compete! :D
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 08:28:16 PM »
Hey TW, where are you? Duane has listed your dream gun, an SP101, by Gemini............. wow!   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 09:58:18 PM »
Well, I love 1911 .45acp., And Cav is...Cav! What else is there to say? A classic gun, and a great Classical Army unit That has more citations and accolades than can be listed here. ( Have a buddy that was battalion radio operator when they went into Cambodia.)It's a beauty. If you only get one or two, thats a pretty nice one to get. I kind of like Fly's PM7 limited edition also. It's really nice. Of course, RJ put it into a whole differant dimension with his guns. I'm waiting for someone to get an engraved R-9. That will start a contest!
I can't wait to get my R-9S. The waiting is killing me, but teaching me patience or as Tom say's " I'm earning my spurs."

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 10:03:31 PM »
Yeah - where IS TW?  Hey Trooper - you are conspicuous by your absence! ;D

Hmmm Mike - engraved R9 - now that would be nice - but I doubt my aesthetic streak (or pocket) would actually see that to fruition! :o ;)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 11:21:03 PM »
Maybe not Chris,
         Tom Watson can get anything, and cheap too. He would have got me a Huey if I wanted one. ( Said" buy two, use one for parts!") I'll bet he can do it  or knows someone who can do it cheap. This man has resources that the government dreams about. (I Hope)
When you're ready.......!
I know, your wife hates me now. Blame Tom!
And...anybody that has waaay too many guns is my kind of guy. It's one of my lifes goals.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 11:25:07 PM by doubletapMike »
doubletapMike

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 02:31:35 AM »
>>I'm here guys...  Just been distracted by other things of late...one of which is a sweet Colt Mustang I am trying to swap off a guy **sigh**...

And I've been looking at Duane's SP-101 on offer...  Been looking... a lot.  But as I told the guy with the Colt - I'm cash poor and gun rich these days.  Duane...as I asked you on another, less important forum...anything you might like to have in trade for the SP-101...?...**biggrins**...TW<<

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 05:50:19 PM »
I will take $700 shipped.  That is as low as I can go.  Let me know if interested.  Lots of inquiries... but no sale yet.

Come on TW, pony up!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 10:13:44 PM »
>>Duane...looks like my deal for the pocket pistol (Colt Mustang) is going to cost me...like, you know...money.  So unless the guy who has it changes his mind or already sold it - I'll have to pass on your super cool SP-101.  As is I'm having to grovel at my lovely wife and move money in accounts to come up with change for the pocket pistol...cause onna counta it seems my regular "TW spending account" needs a feeding.

BTW, though...you shouldn't have to come down on your asking price for the Ruger...you were already offering a sweet deal.  Maybe you should just put it aside for a while (until I can build up the "TW spending account" again - lol)...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 10:19:13 PM »
Tell ya what Duane - and this don't help any - but if it wasn't for fact that I have ''put the brakes on'' of late - I'd snap that darlin' up mega quick.  

Fear not - there is someone out there just lustin' for that dream - and over time they'll have it!!

Patience dude. :)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 11:35:47 PM »
>>Wait a minute, Chris...  I'm STILL lusting over it, I just can't afford it right now, see...?

Maybe if I offered Duane a highly customized Colt Officers .45...done up by Jeff Cooper and folks, see...  Naaaa.  Duane wouldn't want something like that, huh....TW<<