Author Topic: Older vs Newer Rohrbaugh's ???  (Read 11292 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Older vs Newer Rohrbaugh's ???
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
Richard.  I knew I should have said except factory fired.   ;D     Oh, well.... ;D  Sometimers!   ;D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:34:38 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »
I'll sell mine, it meets all the criteria except the fired part...its been shot 14 and 1/2 times.....

Do you have any timeshares or property?
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 08:37:30 PM »
Shot down by the fired part!  ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 10:46:55 PM »
I might know where one is that would make the cut  ::)

I don't know for sure that it could be bought.  I do know that if it were to sell it would be a sad day cause somebodys house would have to be up for repo before it went up for sell......
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 10:51:19 PM by ccoorreeyy »

ccoorreeyy

Offline ap1169

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 11:08:48 PM »
Please let's get back to the original question.
If you were going to purchase a Rohrbaugh R9s.
WOULD YOU GET A BRAND NEW PRODUCTION PISTOL OR A USED OLDER ONE?  Older being one with carbon fiber grips, maybe a Farmie, but not necessarily a Farmie.  If an older one, the springs would be chnged to current specifications.  Thanks, Robert

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 11:14:42 PM »
I remember the one at the top, but at the time didn't know what I was looking at.  MAN!  Makes your heart skip a beat to see that again.  I had forgotten about it.

Ghez, $1250.00.

I haven't seen anything like that in a very long while.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »
Please let's get back to the original question.
If you were going to purchase a Rohrbaugh R9s.
WOULD YOU GET A BRAND NEW PRODUCTION PISTOL OR A USED OLDER ONE?  Older being one with carbon fiber grips, maybe a Farmie, but not necessarily a Farmie.  If an older one, the springs would be chnged to current specifications.  Thanks, Robert

The consensus of this thread is to buy a new one!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 11:47:53 PM »

Concur; I thought we had already answered that one.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 07:56:55 AM »
It was answered several times.  If it you first, buy new. If it's your 2nd (or 13th) buy an old one.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 09:56:37 AM »
ap1169.  You now have the answer.  Buy that new one and start enjoying the ownership of the Rohrbaugh.  You'll be glad you did!

I noticed you sold a used R9 Stealth Jan 11 and posted this thread about older vs newer on Jan 12.  Just wondered.......was the Stealth used when you bought it?

Just curious.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:26:14 AM by kjtrains »

Offline ap1169

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 11:54:50 AM »
I have/had two Rohrbaugh's a new standard one and the used stealth.   I put both up for sale.  Whichever sold I would keep the other one.  I was going to purchase a Farmie to replace the stealth.  You guy's talked me out of that idea.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 01:40:40 PM »
Since you have a new one, you could do what Corey suggested above.

Offline IOM

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 10:25:41 PM »
I've got two older R9's (Farmy & Older Deer Park) both w/ carbon fiber grips.  I've shot several hundred rounds of 124 gr Gold Dots through each without a hiccup.  After purchasing both I replaced the recoil, and magazine springs along with new grip screws.  To say that the new R9's are any more reliable is not possible in my case, since both of my R9's have been flawless.  As with any semi-auto pistol, keeping it clean, and running enough high quality ammo through it to instill confidence in it is key.  I wouldn't carry either of my R9's if I didn't believe they would work.  I'm not a collector, I have them to carry.  This is in no way a recommendation to do anything, it's just my story  ;D

David

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »

David,
It is always good to hear from a happy camper on this forum.