Author Topic: Mag extension Pics  *Need Feedback*  (Read 9745 times)

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
Re: Mag extension Pics  *Need Feedback*
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 10:18:51 AM »
 :) :) :)
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 10:02:11 AM »
FB.  Welcome back.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 04:14:09 PM »
I got my pup from Tom last April. It is everything I expected in a quality firearm but I felt it needed a magazine extension for a better grip.
I could not find any (IDM included). So I had some made up and they fit the bill for me.
So when I came across this post and saw the activity and time its been taking (same thing happened to me) I would like to offer any help or advice I can offer.
After trying several prototypes for fit and finish I finally was able to get the right combination.
If for any reason you can't get these completed in reasonable time or cost I could contact my supplier and see if they are interested in making a batch.
Here are some pictures of my extensions.

I think the curves on this one look much better.  This might not effect grip but aesthetically these look better than the all silver ion the first post.

I meant this with respect to all involved and do not intend to harsh anyone.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »
Here is the extension in black (ala Sharpie). If there are any changes to be made they will need to be done now.  I need to know what everyone thinks before I put any more money into this, I don't need a hundred of these for paperweights.

John
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:45:32 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 09:06:38 PM »

Even though I am familiar with the IDM design and it may be more pleasing to the eye I think that your rendition on the left will give more positive tactile control. The thick bottom and an apparent slightly longer extension should be more stable in the hand. You shouldn't have any problem selling these and thank you for your extraordinary efforts.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 09:16:23 PM »
John.  I like what you have.  I agree with tracker, your work on this is outstanding.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 09:25:55 PM »
As I told Yankee, I gave away my IDM mag extensions with an R9 I sold some time ago. For me, there was no appreciable advantage or accuracy gained with the mag extensions and I hated the disproportion of the mag extension (aesthetically).

This is my opinion and I make no claim as to having the right answer as opinions will vary. I do support Yankee in his quest to find out if there is a market as he (rightfully) does not want to commit to a production run without sincere interest and I wish Yankee well in this pursuit.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 10:56:08 PM »
I have gone through the post titled Mag Extension Intrest, and talleied the replies. There were 39 members expressing intrest in 78 of the hooked and 10 of the straight extensions.
 This post has been viewed 343 times. I have no way of knowing how many of the 39 responders have viewed this post, but there has not been a lot of feedback, and I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing.
  I think the only way I can afford to proceed, is to take orders with payments. I don't want to lay out a few thousand dollars and find out the 39 people who replied are no longer intrested.  :(
 I will start a thread for orders and go from there.

John
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:08:41 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 09:38:22 PM »
Good idea and best wishes for a positive outcome whichever direction you take.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 11:10:52 PM »
John--they look great!!  I placed my order and paid via paypal.
thanks!!!

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 12:12:58 AM »
FB.  Welcome back.
Thanks, I didn't leave just sitting behind the curtain.  

I must have missed it but what is the price and paypal account, I will order and pay now as well.  If I had my preference I would like to see some groves in the arch of the extension.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:15:26 AM by Fat_Boy »
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 08:22:02 AM »
FB.  Order info is in the Classifieds.  John's paypal account and the price.   Thanks. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:45:37 AM by kjtrains »

Offline kanuist

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »
John,  I think the extension that you created look very sweet.  Yes they are different than IDM's, but that is cool and is the way it should be.

Will you offer them in plain un-anodized aluminum and if so, will the price differ?

Again thanks for all your time, effort and money spent to make this happen!  
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:52:18 PM by kanuist »
Join the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network
http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 10:19:29 PM »
John,  I think the extension that you created look very sweet.  Yes they are different than IDM's, but that is cool and is the way it should be.

How thick are your extensions side to side?  Will you offer them in plan unanodized aluminum and if so, will the price differ?

Again thanks for all your time, effort and money spent to make this happen!  

Kannuist, Thank you and everyone else for the positive comments.
The extensions are 11/16 wide
    They will be available in the black and a clear anodize which is the aluminum look. The anodize protects the aluminum from oxidation, and if you rub your hand or clothes on uncoated aluminun it will leave a black reidue.

John

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:20:10 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Junior

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
Looks great John !  Thanks for all of your work putting this together.

I would also like to see a little groove / slot added where the magazine release rests. That's the only thing I'd change.

I'll be sending payment for an order shortly.

If it's not too much trouble, can you post a picture of the bottom?

Thanks again !