Author Topic: sights vs. no sights  (Read 7292 times)

Offline kcub

• Sharpshooter
sights vs. no sights
« on: November 22, 2010, 12:38:03 PM »
How many more sell with sights vs. no sights?

just curious

ccoorreeyy

Re: sights vs. no sights
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 01:24:07 PM »
My guess     100/1

Offline kcub

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 03:24:49 PM »
I guess they sell all they make but I always thought Seecamp missed the boat on this.  

I mean, why have a gun without sights when you can have a gun with sights?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:49:01 PM »
If you liked Seecamps, you'd probably understand.  It's just what one likes.    :)  You really don't need sights for what the Seecamp was designed for.    ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:37:30 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 03:52:21 PM »
I like the sighted model R9 and would not have the unsighted model. But for its intended purpose of a close range point and shoot gun sights will probably never come into play. IMO

John
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:50:13 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »
As I said, if you liked Seecamps, you'd probably understand why no sights!    ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 04:15:11 PM »
I was only referring to Rohrbaughs as there is a choice, I like Seecamps and there is no choice so unsighted would be fine.
  From what I have read in the archive posts on here the sights were added because thats what people were asking for.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 04:18:50 PM »
Exactly right on the Rohrbaughs!    :)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 05:31:54 PM »
I agree with KJ, were are talking about two different animals here.  You wouldn't compare a Seecamp to a Kahr PM9.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 05:53:09 PM »
That makes it unanimous. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
THAT'S GOOD!    :D

Offline nase

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 09:47:33 PM »
I went with no sights, but it was probably a mistake. I was just thinking about the ultimate pocketability, of course... but the sights on the R9S are pretty darn low-profile. Oh well, maybe next time.  ;)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 10:02:12 PM »
Nase:

There is nothing wrong with a pocket pistol with no sights. These are up-close-and-personal weapons for use within 25 +/- yards. They are point and shoot pistols. At such distances sights are not mandatory. If you have sufficient time and light in a self-defense situation, simply sight along the top of the slide. If not, just point and shoot instinctively.

If you have not altready done so, just practice a few times at short yardage. I predict that you will be surprised how much the pocket pistol without sights simply becomes an extensioin of your strong arm. And, as the saying goes, "Beware of the man who knows his weapon -- he will defend himself at your great detriment."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 10:07:04 PM »
I was reading through some old posts and it appears some early members who had sightless guns got new slides with sights after Rohrbaugh came out with them.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 10:16:53 PM »
Nase.  I have an R9 with sights and one without;  like 'em both.   The one without is an early, early one.  I do like it, for sure; I'm used to Seecamps, soooo, that may explain why I like no sights.

I don't think you made a mistake by any means.  Enjoy.