Author Topic: Any interest in an R9 Robar model NIB?  (Read 6046 times)

Offline Phsimone

• Master
Re: Any interest in an R9 Robar model NIB?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 06:35:49 PM »
 :D Finally after UPS screwing up again, I have received from Mr. Don White, a fine gentleman, my NIB Robar R9. It is real, I touched it, and fondled it a bit. The polished ejector and other parts are a nice touch.It is a beautiful piece and I thank Mr. White for selling it to me and following through quickly and shipping the gun within hours of receiving payment and communicating all along the way. Thanks again Don.
Hmmmmmmm....... what next?
Phil

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 07:32:44 PM »
Maybe an Elite!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »
Maybe, for the right price.....

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 07:51:37 PM »
It'll come along.  May be awhile.  Someone will come forward who doesn't want to make a high profit.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 08:16:21 PM »
Nothing beats the Robar R9S, in my view. Well, okay, maybe a Farmington with a Hedley pocket holster....but I sold that and have never stopped regretting it.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 08:41:31 PM »
 :'( I really regret selling my Elite, truly a nice gun. But once again I had to do what I had to do.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 08:53:05 PM »
You now have a Robar and a Farmingdale.  That should help soothe some feelings until the fair priced Elite comes about.    :)

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »
:D Finally after UPS screwing up again, I have received from Mr. Don White, a fine gentleman, my NIB Robar R9. It is real, I touched it, and fondled it a bit. The polished ejector and other parts are a nice touch.It is a beautiful piece and I thank Mr. White for selling it to me and following through quickly and shipping the gun within hours of receiving payment and communicating all along the way. Thanks again Don.
Hmmmmmmm....... what next?
Phil

Phil did you use a different FFL for this one or did the wrong zip on the ffl cause another delayed shipment?  

Glad you like the Robar.  It's a cool gun.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:55:33 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2011, 09:10:32 AM »
Yes Cory, I did use a different FFL. This time there was alegedly a technical problem with the plane in New Mexico. Another thing is the FFLs are all charging an awful lot just to transfer a weapon. I think they all got together at the shot show or something. What used to be a $10 fee or so is now a solid $50. That hurts.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »
I still have a place I can get a $10 transfer. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2011, 02:51:49 PM »
I have not experienced a $50 transfer fee but I have seen $35 up here. The FFL I am using for the Sig P290 is charging me $10 but that is due to the fact that he is in New Hampshire and I need to transfer to Vermont.

The transfer fee is at the discretion of the FFL and let's face it; not everybody has this credential. I do business with only two FFLs; one in Vermont and one in New Hampshire.

I have sold and bought guns from my FFL in Vermont and he charges me Zero for a transfer fee. This is as it should be if you place yourself in a position that is mutually profitable.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 07:32:49 PM »
Well 45 to 50 seems to be the new norm here in Florida. I would stop doing business with a gunshop if it were only one or two but it seems to be all. In Palm Beach County most ranges force you to use their ammo in their ranges. The fact that they are making a nice mark up on both guns and ammo is not quite enough. They are trying to wipe out the internet business, its just some more good ole greed.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2011, 08:29:57 PM »
Happily, I live in a small town in a sparsely populated state where you can fire outdoors pretty much anywhere in the mountains. Obviously, you shoot where you have a safe backdrop.

Your point as to cutting down on internet sales seems valid. We gun owners  tend to be independent minded and I would be no less troubled if I were shooting at a range that mandated shooting marked up ammo at their facility if I understand your point correctly.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »
Surely, there must be something west of Palm Beach toward LaBelle where one can find a reasonably priced range with your own ammo. I was always impressed with the vast empty space out there while flying into PBI.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:41:05 PM by tracker »