Author Topic: Gun Reliability Is Paramount  (Read 2080 times)

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
Gun Reliability Is Paramount
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »
I put reliability ahead of caliber. The Seecamp 32 I have is super reliable on Speer Gold Dots and Hydra Shok.

I wonder about other pocket pistols?

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Gun Reliability Is Paramount
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »
You gotta go with confidence.

If ya ain't confident, ya ain't gunna tote it , or whip it out.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 04:11:19 PM »
You gotta go with confidence.

If ya ain't confident, ya ain't gunna tote it , or whip it out.

Ya - staying in the range of pocket pistols..... dependability is a key factor. My main concern is the gun goes bang bang bang.

I got a Sig P232 that goes bang, bang, click, click  .... and that $900 toy stays in the safe at home

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:12:09 PM »

I wonder about other pocket pistols?

I know a lot of people don't like them, but all my Kel- Tecs; 32,380, 9mm- PF9 and P11 and carbine have had less problems combined (0) than my R9- and have had more than 20x the rounds down range.

I carried them with total confidence before I found my true love- the R9!

My American Arms 32 Gaurdian was reliable as well.

That really sucks about your Sig.  :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:13:11 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 04:07:27 PM »
That really sucks about your Sig

Ya, I am up to $900 in that unreliable Sig p232.  That's what happens when advertising executives run gun companies.

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 09:16:24 AM »
Agree with Reinz on the Kel-tec.  I carry a P3AT when I run in the mornings, I have fired it quite a bit and never once a malfunction.  Had a PF9.  After a good clean and lube it was consistantly good for 150 rounds before a malfunction, and that was due to needing cleaned/lubed again.  For the price, ya just can't beat them.  

Shame about the Sig....I had a Kahr PM40 that I sent back to the factory twice and they finally ended up sending me a check for the price I paid for it.  I was out two shipping fees and tax, but I got most of it back.
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 11:25:35 PM »
Shame about the Sig....I had a Kahr PM40 that I sent back to the factory twice and they finally ended up sending me a check for the price I paid for it.  I was out two shipping fees and tax, but I got most of it back.

The factory told me that my Sig p232 was fixed. I took it to the range and it jammed every other round (American Eagle FMJ).

I finally just sent it back and told them to keep it. The sig P232 is a $750 piece of junk. The machining left sharp edges on the entire gun.