Author Topic: Shot the Rohrbaugh 380  (Read 4691 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Shot the Rohrbaugh 380
« on: September 20, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
Went to the range to do some shooting with the Rohrbaugh 380.

I was very happy with it.  I originally shot the 380 prototype at the factory many years ago and thought it was a real pussycat.  The final iteration did not disappoint!  This is a really soft shooter.  Even the most recoil shy people should take to this gun.

The gun ran very poorly on the Corbon DPX -- many failures to feed.  I had one or two FTF on a box of 50 Speer Lawman round nose.  But, the Gold Dot JHP was was perfect!

The Gold Dots are definitely my choice in both calibers!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
Re: Shot the Rohrbaugh 380
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 01:50:24 PM »
D,

You think a "small and weak handed" female could handle the recoil ? (I know, debatable without trying it. Maybe we could link up somewhere and let her try yours????..I'm about 40 min north of you)

Wifey needs something smaller for purse. She currently has a 38 special in Ti that is magna-ported...its lite but with the porting she thinks it even kicks a little too hard coupled along with the muzzle flip but, manages to deal with it.
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »
I think there is no doubt anyone could handle the recoil on this gun.  Definitely less than a ported Titanium .38.

Maybe others can comment as well.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »
Tks Duane....the 38 does "kick" like a 27% full scale sized mule.

Need to link up for a shoot sometime if you are intersted.
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional