Author Topic: Rohrbaugh R9S... Serial Number R1000. Value?  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Khanxciv

Rohrbaugh R9S... Serial Number R1000. Value?
« on: February 17, 2017, 07:14:19 PM »
I was curious. A friend of mine claims to know someone who owns the Rohrbaugh R9S with the Serial number R1000. It is supposedly hand engraved and has a letter from Rohrbaugh CEO/Founder Karl Rohrbaugh claiming it's authenticity. What would something like this realistically be worth? From the research I've done, here's what I've found:

It was featured at SHOT Show 2006, and was the very first and only Deluxe Hand Engraved R9S, with the serial number: R1000. It seems to be EXTREMELY collectable and started bidding at $3,700 in 2006. It was specially hand engraved to celebrate the 1000th R9s ever made, with real gold inlay. It was also one of only two different engraved R9s models no longer offered for sale with over 70 hours of hand engraving using air assisted tools, hand gravers, hammers and chisels to engrave the slide with beautiful Americanized English Scroll.

Beyond that, I haven't been able to find evidence of it's existence for the past 10 years. Does anybody have any other knowledge that I'm missing here? Or a realistic guess on what it's worth?

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Rohrbaugh R9S... Serial Number R1000. Value?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:10:59 PM »

Welcome to the forum.  I think I was one of the first to report on the R-1000--on display at the 2006 SHOT Show.  It was to be auctioned off by Rohrbaugh following its display at the SHOT show.  I'm not sure what it sold for, but I'm guessing someone on here will know.   ;)

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 10:22:12 PM »
If he is interested in selling I would be interested in buying it. I have found it is hard to place a value on some of these guns that are super rare. Usually just ends up the seller knows what they want to get out of it and it is either worth it to a buyer or it isn't. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 11:06:15 PM »
I'm getting some ideas for my R9 refurb.

Offline Khanxciv

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 02:02:07 PM »
He sent me some pictures! :D

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 02:23:41 PM »
Here is Duane's post from back then.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=2063.0

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 05:29:39 PM »
That's a tough one. That is what someone is willing to pay. I had a 2" S&W 631 NON Lady Smith, less than 200 made I sold to a guy that didn't care about cost. Also had a S&W 586 2 1/2" less than 60 made that I sold the same way.

I imagine a R9 collector would pay crazy money for it. My collecting days are pretty much over, down to 30-40,  BUT I still pick up something nice and rare when I see it.   

Good luck,

kevinqjhps
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one