Author Topic: SCCY CPX2 9mm  (Read 10185 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
SCCY CPX2 9mm
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with this firearm? I just purchased (2) of these at a local gun show. One in FDE, and one in pink…….(for my wife), for $500.00 total. Lifetime warranty (heard that before ). Made here in Florida. My thinking was a 9mm Polymer firearm for use in my boat. At $250.00, and stored in a waterproof gun bag…I don't really need to care about it. Just keep it dry and lubed and loaded.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: SCCY CPX2 9mm
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »
Blast from the past! I tested a CPX-1 a long time ago...

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/skyy-cpx-1-a-new-choice-for-carry/

Good gun.  Odd company.  They never make an appearance at the SHOT Show.  Then they had the weird trademark issue that resulted in a name change from Skyy to SCCY...

I feel like I am spamming the forum with my self-serving gun review links lately! 

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 01:47:07 PM »
Good reading. I am still amazed at the feel and quality and the PRICE!!! of this gun.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:55:29 PM »
Blast from the past! I tested a CPX-1 a long time ago...

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/skyy-cpx-1-a-new-choice-for-carry/

Good gun.  Odd company.  They never make an appearance at the SHOT Show.  Then they had the weird trademark issue that resulted in a name change from Skyy to SCCY...

I feel like I am spamming the forum with my self-serving gun review links lately!

Duane:

It occurs to me that it is not possible for you to "spam" your own forum. And besides, your reviews make for excellent reading.   8)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:59:07 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 09:17:06 PM »
I thought about getting one but when they were selling CM9 for $312 and throwing in an extra magazine I went with the CM9.

I didn't like the trigger on the SCCY and its not a pocket gun :)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 07:38:48 AM »
I took it to the range and put a box thru it. Not for me. It goes.

Offline Neil Blackwood

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 11:31:33 AM »
New guy here! Happy R9 owner.   I shot my buddies Sccy the past two weekends, probably 100 rounds total.  Its the one without the safety.   The fun feels great in the hand.  The recoil seems to be more absorbed than the R9.  Neither of us had any malfunctions with a half dozen ammo brands.  The only downside is the trigger pull.  It feels harder, longer and less crisp than and R9.  The Rohrbaugh also has a smoother feel through the stroke.   It takes a bit of getting used to compared to an R9.   I'm going to pick one up this week to play with.  I've been practicing stippling on polymer and I think the Sccy will be a great gun for my first attempt.  I will also take it apart and see what I might be able to polish to improve the trigger feel.  Other than that, they are a fantastic gun for the money.   Just my 2 cents.  Great forum guys, I will be lurking and reading a lot here.   

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »

Welcome, Neil.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 06:48:12 PM »
Good post Neil...lurk and listen all you wish, but post also.  Welcome!
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Neil Blackwood

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 10:39:01 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.  I'll post some pics of a stippled Sccy soon.   Mine will be at the LGS Friday.   

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »
I'm thinking about getting one of these again for a car gun, but the trigger still bothers me and I want to get a trigger that is similar to the Rohrbaugh so I'm leaning more toward a Kahr, but the Kahrs aren't cheap so I'm really thinking about the SCCY...

Oh worra worra worra...

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 02:00:28 PM »
I know this topic is old but I was hoping to get an update.

On the SCCY forums some owners say their CPX runs like a champ, others keep reporting breakage and malfunctions.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 02:30:06 PM »
I bought two & gave one to my gunsmith. He has shot his extensively and loves it. I have shot mine, & do not understand how they can build such a nice shooting gun with a lifetime warranty for $235.00.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 04:22:34 PM »
No to be too caty, but they did not blow their budget on R&D...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 05:47:37 PM »
The one I had previously did not impress me, and I sold it. Then I stopped comparing it to $1000 guns...now I like it for what it is.