Author Topic: Solo DC LG  (Read 3979 times)

Offline MN Lefty

Solo DC LG
« on: November 03, 2014, 08:58:28 PM »
Bought the Solo a couple of weeks ago.  Been to range twice.  Shot 110 trouble free rounds.  147GD, 115GD & 115 fmj.  Trigger taking awhile to get the feel.  Very accurate at 20 Feet, 50 feet still on target.  I'm more confident at 20.  I like the laser grips and also the sights.  Think I will still carry my Rohrbaugh 9s, trigger is better.  Also it has been with me for a few years, smaller and a hair lighter.  I will work Solo in with my S&W 940 & 642 and EMP 9.  The others will be BUG when I'm carrying EMP9.  The Solo, 940 & 642 have Crimson Trace grips.  All are great guns for me.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Solo DC LG
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:34:05 PM »
I have really enjoyed my solo. It's been a really good one.

www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7312.0

One thing I have noticed about the CT grips I bought for mine are that they get off target after some shooting. Is that common with them? Do they need re set from time to time?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:35:56 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 01:05:14 AM »
Just as I was reading about your Solo experience, my FFL called to tell me that the Solo I gave him to sell, sold. When I hung up, it was a guy I had called on a used Bill Wilson Carry. Talk about 2 ends of the spectrum.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 01:59:10 PM »
Lefty,
Unless something changed Kimber was recommending not to use 115gr ammo not too long ago.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »
Lefty,
Unless something changed Kimber was recommending not to use 115gr ammo not too long ago.

Kimber recommends only 124 gr and heavier for the most reliable functioning.  My Solo runs fine on 115 gr which I tried after about 100 flawless rounds of 124 and 147.

I say use whatever ammo you like and trust.  Per Bruce's tests, I carry the Remington 124 gr +P Golden Sabres daily in mine.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 04:32:02 PM »
+1 on the REMINGTON golden Sabres +p.

You are right MRC he really likes that round for the solo. In fact the ammunition depot Bruce advertises for has a pretty good supply of it at a pretty good price.

$13 for a box of 25 +shipping. No boxes of 50 last time I ordered. I got a bunch.

Gander mountain is a rip. $25 for the same thing. Maybe more. Lol. Or should I say COL. Cry out loud.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:35:36 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »

You are right MRC he really likes that round for the solo. In fact the ammunition depot Bruce advertises for has a pretty good supply of it at a pretty good price.

$13 for a box of 25 +shipping. No boxes of 50 last time I ordered. I got a bunch.

Gander mountain is a rip. $25 for the same thing. Maybe more. Lol. Or should I say COL. Cry out loud.

Josh

Go for the Goden Sabre 124 +P BONDED, that is what Bruce tested.  They are for LE and come in 50 round boxes.  A little more expensive but not much.  I do not know what the difference is for sure.  SGammo has them in stock.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 10:19:44 PM »

Josh

Go for the Goden Sabre 124 +P BONDED, that is what Bruce tested.  They are for LE and come in 50 round boxes.  A little more expensive but not much.  I do not know what the difference is for sure.  SGammo has them in stock.

Crud. I am not home. They may not be bonded now that ya mention it. Grrrr.

John Stuart Mill