Author Topic: I hope this happens soon..............  (Read 20965 times)

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
I hope this happens soon..............
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:50:02 PM »
I held a Kimber super carry ultra today and thought that because it is .45 it would make a good additon to my collection.  But, then I thought, if the R45s was for sale, I would buy it in a heartbeat.  So, the Kimber did not come home with me.  :'(

I need the R45s to be out soon..........or I may buy something that I will regret.

Offline thor447

• Master
Re: I hope this happens soon..............
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:05:51 AM »
I have only recently came into the wonderful world of Rohrbaugh's, however I have found myself thinking the same thing since I read about the R45's!   I'm eager with anticipation.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »
Couldn't help it-a Kimber ultra tactical II came home today.  Do I need to turn in my forum password?  :-/

Offline tennman

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 05:48:02 PM »
 I have a feeling if and when they do come out you will be needing that password. Better hang on to it!

Offline ricardo

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 08:42:53 PM »
Couldn't help it-a Kimber ultra tactical II came home today.  Do I need to turn in my forum password?  :-/
You won't regret it. I have the same in CDP. It's a great pistol, very accurate, carries nice with a Mitch Rosen holster, and not at all punishing for a officer's model 45. Just sayin :)
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 04:15:43 AM »
The Kimbers are very nice for the money, here is my Ultra CDP

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 10:54:15 AM »

There you go again, John -- dangling before a certified "grip junkie" those Esmeralda Celtic cross beauties. Now, once again, I need to remind myself of Tracker's advice regarding the balance between "need" and "want."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 11:00:54 AM »

Very nice, indeed, John!    :)  And congrats TpaBay.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 02:45:17 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »
 I bought my wife a Stainless Kimber Ultra Raptor last year for Christmas. She loves that gun. Of course with her it is looks AND performance  when it comes to guns. (She also has a Pink gripped 642 S&W in Stainless, and a Titanium Rainbow finished Sig P-238) 

I hope forum members get first crack at getting on the list to recieve one of these R-45's  we have been very  (semi) patient waiting on it.
  Chief
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:55:07 AM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
           Chief, Tom Watson (The Irish Guard) had a waiting list that you could put a small deposit down and the people on this list would get the first ones. You might check with Tom, hope this helps.       Gene
birdman

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »
My Ultra CDP II has never failed to fired and eject...accurate and a pleasure to shoot.  Love the 1911 feel and balance (altho the 5" 1911 is still IMHO the absolute best)...hard to imagine that an R45 could be much better.  Chief, my wife also has a stainless 642 with laser and it's her favorite.  Saw a used Seecamp in.380 at Shooter's yesterday, but priced in high 600's and something I just don't need.  Still......Hmmmm
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 06:40:54 AM »

Your Kimber is gorgeous.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 09:35:15 PM »
Art thanks but my Kimber is Gone. :o The grips went to a forum member and the gun went to a local buyer. ;D
  It was a very nice shooting & looking gun but I wanted something with a Bobtail so thats what Im working on now.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 07:52:06 PM »
Since thor447 broke the silence on the 380 topic line, I thought I would awaken the R45 one which has not been particularly hopping since the earth shaking unveiling in January.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 11:23:29 PM »
Since thor447 broke the silence on the 380 topic line, I thought I would awaken the R45 one which has not been particularly hopping since the earth shaking unveiling in January.
I gave upon the R45......had a deposit on one but had it refunded................
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety