Author Topic: This would look cool on the slide  (Read 5069 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: This would look cool on the slide
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 06:09:01 PM »
logical - that link didn't work for me - I assume tho you mean the crest as represented on the grips?

Here it is tho small - in the Rohrbaugh site logo - which I trust Eric will not mind me promoting!  It is a great crest and would look nice on slides - but even if laser etched, it would finish up quite small.

Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline logical

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 09:16:54 PM »
The link is an auction for a painting of a crest different from the one shown.  Kind of a two-headed raven or other bird.  Link works fine for me...not sure what's up.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 09:30:26 PM »
Ahh - gottcha.  I copied and pasted that link to try it - this time it worked, so obviously my first attempt to clipboard whole link failed.

Yep - it does look rather smart - I wonder who own's copyright.  Hmm - it is a painting for sale so - that means artist copyright - and so it would have to be purchased with world copyright to be able to use commercially.

Nice idea - but I'd think too the existing logo is gonna stay ''the one''.  Here is the one you mentioned.

Just remembered I do have whole load of royalty free clip art and if I dug I am sure I'd find something in this vein.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 09:31:58 PM by R9SCarry »
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 09:51:35 AM »
The Rohrbaugh crest shown on the website logo and grip panel (and their hats/shirts, etc.) is the actual Rohrbaugh family crest -- not just a logo designed by an advertising firm.  I don't think it will change!  ;D
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com