Author Topic: How About Some Tools!  (Read 4607 times)

Offline choppers

How About Some Tools!
« on: July 22, 2009, 08:36:58 PM »
How can Rohrbaugh make such a fine weapon and then let you figure out how to take it apart and put it back together without some furnished tools. Before I baught my R380S I read it was so easy to assemble and breakdown that anyone could do it. You bet. It seems most of you have found a way to do this as I have but it sure would have been nice had they included some tools to do the job. Am I missing something here? Do you think they will do something about this in the future?

choppers
Never be so open minded your brains fall out!

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
Re: How About Some Tools!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »
+1
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 11:09:23 PM »
Well the fact that there have been a few thousand sold in the last five years leads me to believe the answer is no.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline global-security

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 07:13:39 PM »
Choppers ,

I am with you- it would only make sense that Rohrbaugh includes and/or offered some approved tools.

I carry my R9S everyday and really don't want to spend a lot of time learning the "cleaning curve" Life is already so busy. With that said, if your spending this type of money for a pistol.. you would think it would be easier to maintain and include the proper tools.

Ok-I realize I am a newbie to Rohrbaugh's and I know this gun is very special and not for everyone. Trust me.. I did my research and heard all of the cleaning stories etc. So I knew what I was getting into.. I just wish it was a bit easier to breakdown.

I may even look for a gunsmith in Atlanta that is truly familiar with the R9S and simply pay someone to clean and lube the gun.

The bottom line- the gun is incredible quality,has a learning curve,but needless to say its the Rolls Royce of guns.

Global-Security

Offline mefly2

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 11:46:46 PM »
As Tom said elsewhere ... describing in detail how to make inexpensive disassembly aids ... q-tip (cut off) & fuse pulling pliers mod ... I use the q-tip and hands to position the slide for takedown and then a modeling clamp for the spring.  Until you get the knack of the slide position, try a wooden or plastic clothes pin or scrap wood.  Another two cents ...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 12:12:07 AM by meflyjeep »