Author Topic: Covert Carrier  (Read 5981 times)

Offline RetiredBadge

• Sharpshooter
Covert Carrier
« on: December 09, 2010, 01:34:01 AM »
Has anyone had experience with this. It looks a little cheesy.

http://www.covertcarrier.com/id11.html

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Covert Carrier
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »
I am not a fan of that type of carry and this statement taken from the article is why.

Getting the draw down with this type of a setup will take a little practice.  Also, the idea of reaching in your waistband to draw a pistol that does not have the trigger guard covered may make you a little nervous. :o  ;D
  I'll pass and keep my pup in my pocket or on the belt. :D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »
Has anyone had experience with this. It looks a little cheesy.

http://www.covertcarrier.com/id11.html

I really don't like anything added to the grips of the R9 or for that matter, any gun.  The open trigger is also a turnoff for me as safety is first.    
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »
Uh, yeah, what they said.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline flintsghost

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 02:56:52 AM »
There used to be a thing similar that was made for full sized 1911 frames called a "Grip Clip" but it was a bit better thought out than the Covert carrier.   The "Grip Clip" was a flat plate that fit under the grips and had holes for the grip escutcheons
and at the top was a clip that protruded out above the trigger recess on the right side of the frame.   It didn't interfere with the grip or shooting at all and allowed for a normal draw.  It was quick and dirty.   But being a traditionalist I prefer leather around my pistols that I use inside my waistband as opposed to oil or residue on my underwear.    I seem to always have some minor seepage on using weapons and I suppose part of that is because I happen to like Singer Sewing Machine oil for gun lubrication.  It's a very good lubricant.       But the Covert Carrier looks like it would interfere with the grip too much and unless someone let me try one first on the range and I liked it I would probably pass.   Same reason I avoided crimson trace grips that have an acivation button on the front of the grip.   You have to choke the gun like you're trying to kill a turkey in order to activate it on the samples I tried and that's not a very satisfactory shooting grip for me.   Apparently works for others though.   When CT Grips came out with the button on each side then I could use them and do on a couple of my weapons.

I wonder why in all these little ads or info things..it is always mentioned that "he is a really nice guy."  Sort of like if he's not a really nice guy his product is probably no good and if he is then we should all run out and buy it.   Personally, I don't think that has anything to do with anything, but it's always mentioned.   I suppose I have probably done that myself.  But it really jumped out at me on this one.    I think maybe I'd rather get something from some old curmudgeon.  That way you know the product has to be good because you're buying it in spite of the #%$/%7& that is selling it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:06:14 AM by flintsghost »
Clips go in womens hair, magazines go into firearms

Offline Relic

• Sharpshooter
  • Lifetime NRA, Lifetime VFW
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
<snip>...I think maybe I'd rather get something from some old curmudgeon.  That way you know the product has to be good because you're buying it in spite of the #%$/%7& that is selling it.

I qualify, but I'm not selling anything.  ;)

As far as the covert carrier...people make mistakes under duress.  An open trigger is begging for a self-inflicted extra hole in your vital bits.  I'd  advise to avoid this bit of gadgetry.
Land of the free, because of the brave.