Author Topic: The 22 TCM for Rohrbaugh  (Read 11731 times)

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
The 22 TCM for Rohrbaugh
« on: September 01, 2013, 01:51:43 PM »
The TCM-22 is a necked down 9mm

9mm - three 22 TCMs - 45 ACP

All these Micro-Pistols are "Ammo Sensitive". My Seecamp 32 loves Speer Gold Dots, but everything else is a 'Maybe'. My Ruger 22 pistol is a jamamatic with anything other than CCI 22s. Then you have the recoil factor. Armscor has come up with the 22 TCM, just a necked down 9mm shooting a 40 gr bullet. Pre-ammo crisis you paid $20 a box.

I bought a Sig 232 (Walther PPK type) and it took 200 rounds, and two factory trips, to get it to work. The 22 TCM takes away the variables with 9mm or 380s - (powder loads, hard primers, bullet weight, casing material).  The present custom ammo is expensive - $40 a box. Even KelTec says it prefers the custom ammo.

The TCM 22 is a factory round made by Armscor. Maybe a thought for Rorhbaugh as to recoil, and a stock bullet

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: The 22 TCM for Rohrbaugh
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 02:22:41 PM »
Although the TCM-22[ Tuason Craig Magnum] is a formidable round it is unlikely to be a Rohrbaugh candidate for the following reason in addition to being a scarce caliber with few manufacturers. This is from the Home Defense Journal. The R9 short barrel would only add to these concerns.

"The only real concern about employing the .22 TCM for personal/home defense is that it produces an enormous blast and attendant flash when fired from the short pistol barrel. This could prove nearly deafening and momentarily blinding when shot from a narrow hallway or from inside the car in a self-defense scenario. The caveat emptor principle applies here."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:24:53 PM by tracker »

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »
Mr Tracker

I spent $250 on ammo to get my Seecamp 32 to run right (Finnochi, Win, Silvertips, Magsafe, Hornady) and they were all problematic. From what I have read all the Micros are in the same boat. A standard ammo, that is necked down, with less recoil, would solve a lot of problems.

All Rohrbaugh needs to do is buy a 22 TCM reamer, and shoot a few rounds, one at a time. As far as flash, and noise, any 9mm shot in a car is going to wake you up.

But, my post is simply a question

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 04:19:24 PM »

I think noise with this round at 2000fps or so would be considerably louder than a 9mm, particularly in a short barrel. My opinion, and it is only an opinion, is that Rohrbaugh will not wander far off the main road on calibers for their production models. They are still working on the R45 and are not likely to expand beyond those three.

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
Ya Tracker -

I saw Bill Wilson finally started gave in and made custom ammo for short barrel guns.

http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/1911/a-reliable-compact-1911-by-bill-wilson/   

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 05:47:36 PM »
Ya Tracker -

I saw Bill Wilson finally started gave in and made custom ammo for short barrel guns.

http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/1911/a-reliable-compact-1911-by-bill-wilson/

Larry Seecamp is also working on custom ammo for his micro pistols.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »

I don't think that will happen in Deer Park but call and ask them.

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 10:05:51 PM »

That  would be good news. I think that is what NAA did with their 25 NAA and 32 NAA cartridge. I noticed that both Corbon and Hornady are producing the necked down 380 (the 32 NAA). Look at the teething problems with the Kimber Solo.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 06:33:01 AM »

That  would be good news. I think that is what NAA did with their 25 NAA and 32 NAA cartridge. I noticed that both Corbon and Hornady are producing the necked down 380 (the 32 NAA). Look at the teething problems with the Kimber Solo.

I have had two Solos and have not had a failure of any kind with either one.  I liked the first one so much, I moved up to the CDP.  I have only run premium self defense type ammunition through them and the +P ammo fires great.  I do not understand people who pay $1000 + for a pistol and want to shoot cheap import ammo.

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 01:51:15 PM »
I have had two Solos and have not had a failure of any kind with either one.  I liked the first one so much, I moved up to the CDP.  I have only run premium self defense type ammunition through them and the +P ammo fires great.  I do not understand people who pay $1000 + for a pistol and want to shoot cheap import ammo.

What ammo do you recommend for the Solo?

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 02:07:40 PM »

What ammo do you recommend for the Solo?

Federal HST 124 grain +P.       Works well in the PM9 and Boberg also.