Author Topic: Masterpiece Arms  (Read 3598 times)

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
Masterpiece Arms
« on: November 22, 2013, 07:19:22 AM »
Hi All,

Does anyone have a MasterPiece Arms Protector or Protector II in 380?

I just heard about them and wanted to get your thoughts if anyone had one or knew of someone who had on and what they thought?
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline Ljutic

• Master
Re: Masterpiece Arms
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:28:44 AM »
Member Yankee2500 had one of these for a bit and sold it on this forum.  You might try sending a message.

I wanted one of the Protector II to test head to head vs. a Seecamp 380, but I could never get a positive confirmation that what I was ordering was the II version (ported) so I gave up on the idea.

Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »
Your query got me all interested in one of these again.....so I went to the MPA website.  They don't have the Protector on their website so I don't think they currently make the model.  Probably a good indication that it might not be a pistol worth having.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 03:36:43 PM »
In my neck of the woods I have never seen a MPA.  Not even at any gun shows. I would think at the prices advertised every Gunshop would have them on their shelves.

When getting into bull sessions with guys about pocket carry, the names that come up are Ruger, Kel-Tec, Taurus, and Seecamp at times, and rarely Rohrbaugh.  I figure only a few hardcore guys may know what a MPA is, if any at all.

Just makes me wonder if there is a supply issue or manufacturing problem.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 08:25:50 AM »
Thanks everyone for the information.  Since it seems to not been rely popular based
upon what I've read here I decided to get one since it came up.  Not sure if I'm going
to love or hate it after it arrives but the mere fact that it's not common made me at
least give it a try.

Have to say, I'm really happy this forum is here because you guys have always been
very knowledgeable not only about Rohrbaughs but guns in general without being
arrogant or rude as I've seen on some other forums.

Gentlemen all the way!

Thanks
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 04:14:31 PM »
I recently sold my .380 MPA Protector ll that I purchased new and put about 50 rounds thru it. It is no longer made, which I do not understand. This gun was a fantastic Seecamp .380 clone. It was $300.00 new! It was a beautiful gun to carry and shoot. Try and find another anywhere new nos or used…very difficult. Why did I sell it? I have a Seecamp .380 which I love also, but don't need both. Why did I buy it? Because it was there at the right price, I played with it a bit, and sold it and got all my money back. Nice gun.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 08:50:45 PM »
It appears from their website that they are now concentrating on their tactical weapon types and away from concealed carry guns--probably from too much competition. They do have some interesting products, however, and with a recent acquisition of Spencer rifle barrels.

https://masterpiecearms.com/index2.php?cat=23
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:53:01 PM by tracker »