Author Topic: New Member Checking In  (Read 3590 times)

Offline dano

• Expert
New Member Checking In
« on: January 10, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »
Hello Fellow Forum Members;

I am a new member checking in, basically just letting the mods know that I am a real person and not a bot. I am sure that on occasion my wife would beg to differ. I may be new to the forum, but I am not new to firearms. My current CCW pistols include a Kimber Custom, a Glock 36  and a "BUG" Kel-Tec P3AT, which brings me to the reason I am here. I am looking to replace the Kel-Tec with something with a little more power. The Rohrbaugh R9s stands out as the  top replacement and is currently at the top of my short list. Kudos to the forum members, as this site has a lot of good information on this fine firearm.

Regards,

Danny
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: New Member Checking In
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:44:51 PM »
Danny,
   Welcome to the group. The R9 would be an excellent upgrade.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:02:24 PM »
John;

Thanks for the welcome. I think that the R9 would be an excellent upgrade as well. Now if I can find one to actually hold I will be able to make my decision. There is only one (1) dealer in my state and they have one, but it is several miles away.

Danny
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:00:50 AM »
Danny,
   I think you will find it is worth the drive. :D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:11:40 AM »
Hello Fellow Forum Members;

I am a new member checking in, basically just letting the mods know that I am a real person and not a bot. I am sure that on occasion my wife would beg to differ. I may be new to the forum, but I am not new to firearms. My current CCW pistols include a Kimber Custom, a Glock 36  and a "BUG" Kel-Tec P3AT, which brings me to the reason I am here. I am looking to replace the Kel-Tec with something with a little more power. The Rohrbaugh R9s stands out as the  top replacement and is currently at the top of my short list. Kudos to the forum members, as this site has a lot of good information on this fine firearm.

Regards,

Danny

Danny.  Welcome to the Forum.  Highly recommend the R9.  Agree with John on the worth of the drive.  Again, Welcome.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »
Danny, welcome to the forum, get that R9s, you'll never look back. Many of us here never held one either.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus