Author Topic: New Here  (Read 10501 times)

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
New Here
« on: September 22, 2016, 12:17:19 AM »
New here but not new to firearms. I am an avid H&K collector and carry an HK P7 everyday for my CCW. Im about to pick up a very low 4 digit number R9s as my back-up weapon and am looking for some info on where parts can be obtained now and where mag extensions are available currently. Most of the info I have found on the subjects are from 2014. Im sure a lot has happened in 2 years since those posts.

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 02:28:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 08:15:07 PM »
Welcome

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 08:35:38 PM »
Welcome aboard. Yes, there has been quite a change since 2014. Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp. was sold to Remington on January 14, 2014. Their new RM380 is their rendition of the Rohrbaugh R9 Series Pistols. Those here on this forum can certainly help you with any questions you may have about your possible low serial numbered R9. I too may be able to answer your questions if no one else can. Happy to have you here. . . . . .

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 10:08:01 PM »
Thanks for the reply Eric. Its BNIB serial #R1035. Its one of the few that made its way into California. I think the seller is on this forum too but im not 100% sure. Who currently has replacement recoil springs that wont cost me $20 each? I want to stock up JIC.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:12:12 PM by offrdmania »

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 09:38:40 AM »
Thanks for the reply Eric. Its BNIB serial #R1035. Its one of the few that made its way into California. I think the seller is on this forum too but im not 100% sure. Who currently has replacement recoil springs that wont cost me $20 each? I want to stock up JIC.

Here are the springs that you can buy from the original manufacturer.  Both outer and inner springs are for sale.

https://www.gunsprings.com/ROHRBAUGH/cID1/mID215/dID439

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 12:55:38 PM »

Here are the springs that you can buy from the original manufacturer.  Both outer and inner springs are for sale.

https://www.gunsprings.com/ROHRBAUGH/cID1/mID215/dID439

Thank you for the great reference MRC

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 07:03:34 PM »
Bingo! That's the place. Walter has been making them since day one for us and is a gentleman to do business with. Glad we have you covered so far with parts and information on your R9. R1035. . . . She rings a bell for sure, being at that time I was the lead builder of those guns. Once again. . . . Welcome aboard the forum and enjoy your weekend.

Regards,

Eric Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 07:32:49 PM »
Thanks Eric and others, you have all been great help!  :D

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 09:48:01 PM »
That's what we are here for. . . . . To help each other. Hope to see you interact with the different topics here.

Stay well. . . . Stay safe. . . . and, once again, welcome aboard.

Eric R.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 02:47:11 AM »
Welcome to the forum.
There is not much traffic here anymore but it has a ton of info!
If you have any questions there should be someone that comes along to help you out.
Once again,welcome and enjoy your pup!
B
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline pjames32

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 12:21:47 PM »
Welcome!
This is a great forum. Lots of good people willing to answer your questions.
When I bought my R-9 I was a total newby and got the guidance I needed.
PJ

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 08:47:02 PM »
Hello PJ.................

Regards,

Eric R.

Offline pjames32

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 12:22:21 PM »
Hello Eric!
This forum was a godsend for me.
PJ

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 09:34:19 AM »
Good to hear PJ. I remain active here for all of those who believed in our vision of a handmade personal defense firearm that was actually concealable without being big and heavy. To that end, I believe we made good on that promise. ;-)

See you 'round the boards.

Eric