Author Topic: FSoT: Terzuola ATCF w/ cermat & carbonfiber  (Read 6365 times)

Offline coyote

• Expert
FSoT: Terzuola ATCF w/ cermat & carbonfiber
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:07:48 PM »

[SIZE="2"](my photos)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Terzuola ATCF liner-lock with cermat bolsters and carbon fiber scales[/SIZE]

A safe queen in absolutely mint condition with beautifully centered blade.

The finest smoothest nicest knife I've owned, ever, by any maker.

Comes with quality zipper case and card.

====

I'm not sure if any of you Rohrbaugh fans are into high-end folders too, but seeing that your already into the finer things in life, maybe this custom Terz would excite you guys as much as it does me!

Buy Price: $850 includes insured USPS Priority shipping in CONUS (Other locations at additional costs. I'm not responsible once shipped outside the USA). Payment via postal money order or Paypal if you pay from your paypal balance, meaning no-fee (or use the payment owed/gift option)

Trade: Open to offers of a nice R9s (with cash-to-boot to whoever's is more valuable)
if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: FSoT: Terzuola ATCF w/ cermat & carbonfibe
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:59:08 PM »
Great looking knife and I'm sure it's worth the asking price, but for me it must go bang for that kind of money. ;D
   I know there are others on here who appreciate higher end knives.

Good Luck with the sale.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »
What a beauty, they don't come much finer that's for sure.

Sure would make a perfect mate to a carbon fiber R9.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »
WOW!  coyote.  That is nice.  Yep.  Too much for me too, for a knife and no bang.  Good luck on the sale.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:04:43 AM »
coyote that's a beautiful knife.

I own two knives made by Robert and had the pleasure of meeting him and talking with him at length at a knife show some years ago. He's a great guy, loves to talk knives, and makes some of the best knives around - one was my EDC for several years.

Good luck with the sale - one could do no better than to own one of Robert's masterpieces.

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 12:03:16 PM »

thanks guys!

i wouldn't sell it if i were well-heeled but alias, if i want new toys then some of the others must find different homes. what we need here is someone with a better income than i have who appreciates the nice things we do.

on the other hand, if it doesn't sell i'd be forced to keep it and that wouldn't be so bad either  :P

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 12:25:04 PM »
I collect high end blades...........who you looking for in trade?

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 12:42:42 PM »
I collect high end blades...........who you looking for in trade?

a fellow blade fan!

as mentioned in the original post above: "Trade: Open to offers of a nice R9s (with cash-to-boot to whoever's is more valuable) "

do you have an Rohrbaugh R9s you're willing to let go of?

email me if you like: wileycoyote4u (at) gmail.com

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 08:15:37 AM »
Could you tell us more about the knife? Whar Steel is the blade made of? Is this knife still in production? What is the Length Closed? What is the Length Open?

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 11:39:15 AM »
Sorry, I only have one pup at this time.  I do have lots of investment grade blades.  If anyone is looking just ping me.

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 01:02:12 PM »
happy to, chief!

Robert (Bob) Terzuola is a custom maker, still very much producing custom knives. he is often referred to as the father of the modern tactical folder.

he wrote the book on it, literally: http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Folding-Knife-Construction-Liner-Locked/dp/0873418581

it has become become such a classic that even used copies bring $200, as this amazon web page shows.

he has a huge following and his own forum over at Usual Suspect Network (but you need to be a member to view it i believe)
http://usualsuspect.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=311.

he also designs many knives for major production manufacturers like Benchmade and Sypderco.

i've owned a number of his knives over the last 20 years and this one is my very favorite. some of his folders sell for many times more than this one, when he uses rare materials or they're engraved. he doesn't have a website (he says he doesn't need more publicity because he has enough work already), but a google search of his name will pull up lots of examples of his work.

Bob listed the size as 9" open, 5" closed and having a 4" blade. blade thickness is 5/32"
(my rough measurements show 8.75" open, 4.75" closed and just under 4" blade, with a total grip thickness of 5/8")
fyi - top-edge is not sharpened.

blade steel is CPM154 (which is visibly etched on the blade) which many consider the finest knife steel ever. it is a higher grade version of standard 154-CM, which itself is still the industry standard for quality knives:

CPM154CM is similar in composition to 154CM (and similar in composition to ATS34), but is a crucible particle metallurgy tool steel, made of sintered alloys formed together. This is Crucible Steel's version of the 154CM, made to better tolerances and, with the crucible particle manufacturing process, an even distribution of alloying elements. It is much like ATS-34 in that it is a high molybdenum stainless tool steel, and very tough (resistant to breakage). One might ask why even use ATS-34, since the two are so similar in composition. The CPM154CM steel is expensive. Very. And sizes are limited. The cost of making a knife in this material and finishing it are more expensive, so one must question why they might need it. CPM154CM does excel in one area, and that is finish. This steel finishes absolutely beautifully. The mirror finish is even, smooth, and uniform with no crystalline pattern that can be seen with the naked eye. My recommendation for using this steel is on a high art or investment grade knife of fairly standard sizing, where a supreme finish and high toughness are needed.
[size=10](above steel info borrowed from: http://www.jayfisher.com/Blades.htm#What_are_the_steels_you_do_use_dont_use_and_why)[/size]