Author Topic: WTS -  FIST Kydex iwb holster for HK P7  (Read 12167 times)

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
Re: WTS -  FIST Kydex iwb holster for HK P7
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 01:52:17 PM »
[quote author=Richard S
And Jesse, that is one impressive collection of rimfires, I must say! (That comes from one who was given as a 9th birthday present his deceased father's Winchester 1906 pump-action .22 rimfire rifle, together with NRA membership, by his widowed mother -- a sainted woman who then taught him the rules of gun safety, how to shoot, and turned him loose in 1946 on the banks of the Arkansas River to supplement the household larder.)[/quote]

Hi Richard,

What a great memory for your Mom to have given you your Dad's 1906 Winchester pump, and then add a membership to the NRA AND all the rest..  Your Mom must have been something.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »
Hi Richard,

What a great memory for your Mom to have given you your Dad's 1906 Winchester pump, and then add a membership to the NRA AND all the rest..  Your Mom must have been something.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Yes, Jesse, she was a real "Spartan Mother," a school teacher who never remarried and who, at her funeral, had literally hundreds of her former students come to pay their respects. I was overwhelmed, having expected only a few cousins and friends. However, I might have known something unusual would occur, since she had once been named Oklahoma Teacher of the Year.

But, on the subject of P7s, here is that one of mine equipped with the Universal Clipdraw and Micarta grips I described earlier:

This is what I call the P7's "duty rig," and that Clipdraw gives new meaning to the words, "stick it in your pants." (Incidentally, the Universal Clipdraw is screwed into a metal strip that is secured -- and I do mean secured -- to the slide by industrial-strength tape. The entire thing can be removed with no damage to the finish of the slide.)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:39:59 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 11:12:42 PM »
Richard -  I say, Heresy!

I can not believe "The" fine connoisseur of leather himself has stooped to the lowly grip clip!  
And to have defaced your cherished P7 at that!

All kidding aside, the Grip Clip folks should make you their spokesperson.  That is a pretty strong reccomendation coming from you.  Especially since you put one on your precious baby.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 10:25:19 AM »
Reinz:

I guess I'm "busted" -- going to a Clipdraw, changing from Ballistol to Frog Lube, and dropping down from 147 to 124 grain ammo. This "old dog" seems to be learning new tricks after all. Who knows, I may soon even stop downloading my carry magazines by one.

Back to the P7, the pièce de résistance is not seen on that right-side view but on the left . . .

. . . the coveted "Actions by T" logo of Teddy Jacobson.

All of that "ain't too shabby" for a retired duty pistol from the Lower Saxony State Police. The old girl "cleaned up rather well" and I can now take her anywhere.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »
She Is one pretty lady!

And there is nothing wrong with learning a new trick or too.

I'm always stealing a few from you!

Thanks

BTW - I'm still waiting on the "Raw" flashlight.  I contacted them about a month ago and they are waiting for some parts to come in.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 09:02:11 PM »
BTW - I'm still waiting on the "Raw" flashlight.  I contacted them about a month ago and they are waiting for some parts to come in.

Reinz:

Thank you for your kind words.

I regret that you are still waiting on that RAW flashlight. Joyce, who has requisitioned mine, carries it in her purse at all times. It's an amazing little piece of work. When you get yours I think you will find the wait to have been worthwhile.

[Jesse, I hereby declare this thread of yours officially "drifted."  ;) ]
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 05:17:30 PM »
Jesse,
I'll take it.  

Hi Johnny,

Payment received earlier today, thank you, and the holster has been shipped USPS Priority Mail. (insured).

I'm sure you don't need my fingerprints, but you have them under the clear packing tape I used to secure the lid..  I had just been changing a ZTR mower belt when the mail came, and I wanted to get the holster off to you today so didn't get all the grease off my grubby paws before I started packing the holster up..

Thanks again for purchasing the holster, hope you like it.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

"Laus Deo"

Offline Trailblazer

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »
Anyone have a Walther P5 Compact they want to sell??
Trailblazer Investigations Inc

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 10:15:57 PM »
Anyone have a Walther P5 Compact they want to sell??

You may have seen this, but there's one on GunBroker; 3 bids, so far.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=260695634#PIC
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 06:36:50 PM »
FWIW:

I had read such good "stuff" about the Walther P5 (not necessarily the Compact version) that I had to have one.

So, I found one on GunBroker and paid the price and brought the sucker home only to find out that FOR ME it was simply too "wide" or "bulky" for any appreciable cc use..

I already had a pristine P1 and it was very nice, just LARGE in comparison to some other 9's I had, and to my uneducated eyes putting the P1 and P5 side by side they pretty much appear to be siblings..  

Perhaps the compact version is a bit shorter, but it has to just as wide, right?

I love Walthers (had a PP, P1, P5, P99c,P99, PPS) but for me the size of the frames of the P1 and P5 preclude them being more than just casual plinkers..

But, great plinkers, no doubt.

No offense intended to Trailblazer or other P5 fans, just making conversation.

Jesse
"Laus Deo"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »
I have a P5 myself that I bought many years ago and shot one time.  It is interesting that the empties eject to the left.   From what I remember it shot well and I was not disappointed.
I can not remember if it is a compact or not.   I also do not remember which safe it is buried in.

Offline Trailblazer

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 08:38:51 PM »
Jesse,
Thanks for the info.  Think I'll forget about the P5 Compact.  Its probably bigger than the CS9 anyhow.
Rich
Trailblazer Investigations Inc

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 10:07:53 PM »
Rich.  Just realized I hadn't welcomed you to the Forum.  A little late, however, welcome and enjoy.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »
Jesse,
Thanks for the info.  Think I'll forget about the P5 Compact.  Its probably bigger than the CS9 anyhow.
Rich

Hi Rich,

If memory serves the (excellent) P5, in the hand, feels to be about the same size as the P38, or P1.  And to ME, the P38, or P1 is a pretty darn big 9MM pistol.  It is no where nearly as good a firearm for any "concealed carry" duty as the CS9..  ;)

I'll tell ya tho, I have come to like my Ruger LC9 a LOT...  So much in fact (I think I mentioned this earlier) it has replaced my HK P2000sk for general iwb carry.

Everyone needs an LC9..  ;)

Hope you and Betty had a great Thanksgiving..

Best Wishes,

Jesse

"Laus Deo"