Author Topic: Aluminum Grips are Here!!!!!  (Read 20840 times)

Offline shakermountain

• Sharpshooter
Re: Aluminum Grips for sale soon!!
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 02:04:01 PM »
Yes Novanglus, the screws are included in the price.

Offline alfonso2501

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 05:45:55 AM »
Alfonso,
Below is a copy of the post that has the image of the checkering, taken from another thread ("After-Market Aluminum Grips")

To answer your question from my perspective, checkering completely negates the need for any type of friction tape, etc on the grips:....
Thank you sir!

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 12:03:41 PM »
very nice and a good price. thanks for your effort.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Novanglus

• Molon labe!
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 12:26:28 PM »
Excellent!  Please post or PM your address and pay-to name and I'll send you funds and a set of G-10 grips.  

Yes Novanglus, the screws are included in the price.
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.  Patrick Henry

Offline IDM

• Expert
  • What you can't see can hurt you!! Predator UAV
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 02:46:18 AM »
Hey all
Sorry for the delay of My alu. grips, been waiting on some tooling so I can get going on a short run.

Meanwhile I have been busy working on My Mag extentions.
They are here.
http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1195202580

i hope to get a short run done late next week.
Keep ya posted
Thanks for looking.
Bryce
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 02:47:08 AM by IDM »
Bryce Proctor
Owner IDM llc
Predator and Predator B  Mfg. Engineer

Offline IDM

• Expert
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2007, 10:55:59 PM »
Well I have finished the mag/grip extentions and they are now for sale. Now I can start working on the grips again. I hope to finish up the final prototype early next week. If all gose well Ill post the final version late in the week.
Thanks for your time.
Bryce  
Bryce Proctor
Owner IDM llc

Offline Novanglus

• Molon labe!
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2007, 12:44:10 PM »
Looking at your excellent design and machining on the mag extensions, I'm eagerly awaiting photos of your grips .... And still hoping you can devise a method for texturing/stippling the contoured grips.
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.  Patrick Henry

Offline IDM

• Expert
Re: Aluminum Grips getting closer!!
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 06:27:22 PM »
Ok
Here is what I think to be the final design of the thin alu grips!! The grips are thinner than the originals, lighter by a small amont, I think, and takes care of the old problem of stripped bolts.
The checkering is 25GPI

any coments before I move forward would be great!!
Thanks for looking
Bryce

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 08:21:45 PM by IDM »
Bryce Proctor
Owner IDM llc

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 09:16:50 PM »
Bryce,

All I have to say is that looks totally awsome!

If you black annodize the same design for all the Stealth models out here I got a feeling you are going to sell a lot of grips in both colors.

As mentioned by someone already.  I appreciate the size of the R9 so I do not need the mag extensions but that grip looks fantastic.

I also am not particularly interested in the contoured grips either but others might be.  If you are willing to crank out all the different models then go for it or you might take some kind of poll to find what your best sellers would be.  I like the grip shown above, no countour on either side and the same grip black annodized for the Stealth.

Mike
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 09:23:17 PM by riffraff »
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline IDM

• Expert
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 09:35:11 PM »
Thanks Mike
The comments are always welcome!! :)
I understand about size, Thats why I tried to keep these grips as thin as possible. .833" thick with alu grips. stock grips are .979 thick. (grips on gun)

Thanks
Bryce
Bryce Proctor
Owner IDM llc

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 10:06:05 PM »
Bryce,

I personally and some others that are posters here like the size of the R9 very much but would prefer a little more "heft" to the gun.

Would you consider makeing your grips out of steel or stainless steel?  I am guessing that you should be able to use the same program, just slow the cutting speeds down some.  I personally would really, really like your checkered grips but the same or slightly THICKER than the G10's and made from stainless steel.  That would be NIRVANA!

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 10:27:53 PM »
Bryce,

If steel or stainless steel is undoable for whatever reason consider this:  Your Grips made from Brass or Bronze.  That would add some heft to the R9 and would be a VERY interesting look for an R9 either standard or Stealth.

What do you think about any of the materials, steel, SS or Brass/Bronze?

Think about this also:  Your Grips made from Silver.  I personally would not be interested in Silver but I am sure others might.

My God,  you already have the program written, the possibilities have me salivating(drool).

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline IDM

• Expert
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2007, 11:26:17 PM »
Well mike there are possibilities  for the steel and ss. I would have to reprogram and modify my tooling. Right now Im using the 3-48 bolts to hold the grips down. Using these for steel or stainless would be too much  for these small screws. I would need to reprogram also to change step over and step depth. The brass or bronze copper is defiantly possible.
Im willing to do it if there is enough interest or if someone wants to pay the extra cost for such a item. :-/

Thanks
Bryce
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 11:27:48 PM by IDM »
Bryce Proctor
Owner IDM llc

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2007, 09:35:52 PM »
Bryce,

OK.  Here goes.  Grip width is your choice.  Either stock width or the width of your aluminum grip should be alright.  Either Brass or Bronze is fine.  Whatever you can get the cheapest should be good.  Your screws will also be fine.

So,  You can sent me a PM is you prefer but here is what I would like:

Brass or Bronze grips in the style of your photo above.  No coutours or swells or fingeer inlets on either side.  Just the pictured grips in Brass or Bronze.

Let me know the price for 2 pairs.  If you make them they should be a nice addition as eye candy to your Ebay online store.  I have not visited your store as I have never done business on E bay but they should look good as you take excellent digital photos.

You must charge what you must but I need to tell you that I am not well off as some on this board are.  I must work to eat.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline IDM

• Expert
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2007, 02:53:39 AM »
Mike
I like it!! streight to the point, and what you want. Let me see what I can do. I would lean towards Brass. Just because I can get it localy up here in the pan handle of Idaho. If you have a good source where u r we could do it that way.
When I lived in norther Cal. I could get anything I needed overnight, but it is a bit harder up here!! But U couldnt drag me outa here!!
These will basicly be custum grip for you, What else do you want? Vary sharp checkering? Bigger or smaller? Do u want a Personalised Engraved Initals or Seal?? polished or satin finish??

PM me and we can talk price or Horse trade or somthing!!

Thanks
Bryce
Bryce Proctor
Owner IDM llc