Author Topic: WTB: Rohrbaugh Elite Premium  (Read 14753 times)

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Re: WTB: Rohrbaugh Elite Premium
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
Thanks everyone,

Ill be calling the factory tomorrow to see if an R9EP is anywhere in the realm of possibility, if not ill go for the elite and put some CF grips on it. I sent the guns america seller mentioned above an email asking to just purchase the grips and said he only wants to sell the entire package. So now I am trying to work with him on the best way to do the deal. Do you guys have any recommendations other than sending him some USPS money orders and hoping for the best?

Ideally I would love to have him bring it to his FFL and pay them with a CC (I could add money to cover the CC fee). I would also do USPS collect on delivery where they post office collects the money orders upon delivery at my FFL, if I dont pay the gun is automatically sent back to him, and obviously if the gun is no as advertised or never materializes I am not out close to a grand.

Thanks,
Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 06:59:17 AM »
Did you check out the VZ Grips website? They have Carbon Fiber grips that would look great on the elite.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 07:07:06 AM »
Ryan, neither of the last options are anywhere near normal and most likely will not be considered by the seller.  I've used gunbroker and gunsamerica a lot and have always been more than satisfied.  I agree its a step of faith but for me now with over 50 purchaces, many over a grand,  I would not think twice about it.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »
Ryan, I would second what Corey said, I have purchases from  Gun Broker, Guns America, Gun Runner Auctions and many from private sellers from a number of forums, with zero issues.
  If the seller has a good transaction rating it should not be a problem if he does not don't buy from him.
If your intention is to carry and shoot the gun maybe just purchase a regular two tone and send it to Bob Cogan for some custom work to your taste and have a one of a kind pup.

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 09:12:04 AM »
Bought from those on GunBroker and GunsAmerica, also; never a problem.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:39:31 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
I believe this is a Member to member transaction not a GB or GA.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »
Thanks everyone,

Ill be calling the factory tomorrow to see if an R9EP is anywhere in the realm of possibility, if not ill go for the elite and put some CF grips on it. I sent the guns america seller mentioned above an email asking to just purchase the grips and said he only wants to sell the entire package.So now I am trying to work with him on the best way to do the deal. Do you guys have any recommendations other than sending him some USPS money orders and hoping for the best?

Ideally I would love to have him bring it to his FFL and pay them with a CC (I could add money to cover the CC fee). I would also do USPS collect on delivery where they post office collects the money orders upon delivery at my FFL, if I dont pay the gun is automatically sent back to him, and obviously if the gun is no as advertised or never materializes I am not out close to a grand.

Thanks,
Ryan
[/size]

My take from Ryans post was the seller is on Guns America.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:15:54 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
Thanks again everyone. The seller is on Guns America but is a new member, non FFL with no feedback. If he had feedback or was an FFL I would be fine doing the deal. He is supposed to call today and we were going to discuss payment/shipment terms that work for both of us. I will keep everyone posted.
Thanks Again!
Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 01:21:13 PM »
Update for those interested:

Have decided to pull the trigger on the elite and the R9 on GA with the factory CF grips. Talked with both sellers and I'm going to take a leap of faith with the USPS money orders per everyone's recommendation. I think I will most likely resell the two tone pistol and just keep the factory CF grips to put on the elite. There are no Rohrbaugh dealers around where I live so when an R9 goes on consignment it does not last long.

Thank you for all the help and suggestions. I will post pics of everything when I get it.

Thanks,
Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 04:51:01 PM »
Best of luck Ryan, hope to see ya posting often.  Let us know how it all turns out, but I bet you'll be completly satisfied with the transaction.
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
Way to go Ryan, don't forget to post pics when you get the new pups.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 08:26:19 PM »
Congrats, Ryan.  Good decision!  I know you'll enjoy the Elite!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 10:53:53 AM »
Hi All,

The seller who has the three elites NIB is letting me choose which serial number. Should I go for the lowest or the most recent, or just get what ever number I like best? They are 36XX, 38XX, and 40XX.

Thanks,
Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 01:26:41 PM »
Ryan, probably no difference in any way, choose what makes you happy. If it was the difference between #1298 and #6367 it would be different and as a carry and shoot gun I would go for the latest model.

just my thoughts.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 01:58:57 PM »
Ryan.  I would say John make's a good choice; however, it's gotta be your decision; you have to be the happy one here.   Good luck!    :)