Author Topic: Boberg  XR9  (Read 29947 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg  XR9
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 05:39:21 PM »
Two features I really like on this gun are 1.) Frame mag release button and 2). Takedown lever which looks "Sig like"

Simple is Good.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 07:36:45 PM »
A very unique design and has a lot of promise if it delivers.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »
I would hope to give it a fair chance if I get one in my hand but I would have to get beyond that picitinny rail. I know I am beating a dead horse on this and other strings but I don't like "doo-dads". Give me simple.

The picitinny rail, for me, is unnecessary on so small a gun and detracts from its appearance in my view. Strike that, I hate picitinny rail on all guns, regardless of size.

However, I reiterate that this gun has a lot going for it and quality seems to be clearly evidenced
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 10:04:20 PM »
Absolutely.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 08:11:50 AM »
This gun has a very interesting internal feed/extraction method which I read by going further into an internet search.

However, it is now mid July. Did this product launch in June as was predicted?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 12:07:36 PM »
Sent Arne an email just now to see if we can get an update.  We'll see.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 02:19:36 PM »
kjtrains,
Boberg is very near me and I would love to come see what he is doing.  Ask him if he allows someone to come in and tour and I will give everyone a review.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 02:53:46 PM »
I just received a response from Boberg. They state "we have 600 pounds of steel to convert into jigs and we are not making any predictions."

I have been involved in many product launches in my career. Invariably the company wants to feed the desire of  customer expectations but not launch until it is ready.

I find this personally disappointing because this gun (in long version) has strong appeal.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 03:02:51 PM »
Got the same response.  Hopefully it won't be long.  States they still have 600 lbs of steel left to process, down from 900 lbs.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:11:44 PM by kjtrains »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 03:22:10 PM »
kjtrains,
Boberg is very near me and I would love to come see what he is doing.  Ask him if he allows someone to come in and tour and I will give everyone a review.

FB

Email Arne at Arbomatrix@aol.com.  The website, so far, is Bobergengineering.com. for information.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:25:23 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 03:28:39 PM »
done and done, thanks
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 03:36:48 PM »
Keep us informed if he lets you tour.  That would be really good if you can tour the factory.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »
Boberg factory tour would be a nice good will gesture but I would not count on it. Boberg has failed their projected launch, is clearly hedging at the present time and a factory tour would be regarded as a distraction.

That is my guess. Feel free to contradict my statement.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 05:06:22 PM »
Boberg's response to me on May 13 was first guns to ship in August, web site to be up in July (no date in July) and orders would be taken on the web site.  Expected to have some brochures  in July.  New web site, BobergArms.com to be up in July.  He hasn't missed a launch date yet; does remain to be seen if the web site comes up in July.

Don't be too hard on this guy.  I do believe he's trying.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:13:31 PM by kjtrains »

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »
How is it that you conclude I am being too hard on this guy?

My posts include the following:
1. Personal fact based experience as to product launch
2. Expression of disappointment which is only an opinion.
3. Conjecture regarding Boberg's reception to a tour; a matter presently not in play, to which I politely invited dissenting points of view.