Author Topic: My wife is searching for a new carry gun  (Read 21816 times)

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
Re: My wife is searching for a new carry gun
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 06:23:10 PM »
Colt has a Defender & New Agent model in 9mm (both are officer length).

I am so tempted by the 9mm Defender -! I'm not crazy about the New Agent's trench sites.

I casually looked for one at the last gun show, but I think if I'm serious I'll have to go online to buy one.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »
I had a Colt New Agent, and the sight (or lack thereof) took a little getting used to, but after a couple of outings it was easy to use the trench. I never had any problems with it.
  I just wanted a Kimber, so I sold the New Agent and bought the Kimber Ultra CDP, very happy with it.
   Springfield has the Micro Compact in 45, and the EMP is the  9mm in the 45 format, that is very nice.

John
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:24:52 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 10:32:07 PM »
Hey!  I thought we were trying to find the Chief's wife a carry gun!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 12:36:16 AM »
Well ultimately Chiefs wife will find it herself, one that looks and feels right to her.
  We were discussing the merits of a few compact 45s, that may fit the bill.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 07:34:34 AM »
 She wants to go to some gunshops today and look some more. She went to a gunshow a couple weeks ago and looked, but the crowds and volume kind of overloaded her, she did come up with an interesting business idea. OPen a booth at the gunshows strictly for women. ie: Carry purses, carry clothing, holsters,etc.  There were a few there but scattered all over the place. Female shooters are fastest growing segment of the firearms industry, but they are for the most part overlooked at gun shops and gun shows.  hmmmm
  She is searching for another conceal carry purse now.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 08:32:33 AM »
Chief.  Good luck today in the venture.  Hopefully something will turn up to your wife's liking.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »
Looking at gun shows can be a challenge, even if you know what you are looking for, and far worse if your trying to compare looks and feel on several guns.
   I go to about ten shows a year, and early Saturday is when you need to get there to find any deals, but everyone knows that and you find the worst crowds. :'(
   Good luck in your quest.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2010, 10:21:54 AM »
Hey!  I thought we were trying to find the Chief's wife a carry gun!    ;D
Yep, but shopping is a group sport!
Just to throw out a few other options - Springfield EMPs also have a good reputation if she is looking for a 1911 9mm. I also have a friend who has a Para LDA and he likes it a lot - he has arthritis in his hands and appreciates the lighter trigger pull on it

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »
 Well, I mentioned the Black Rose to her and she looked it up on her Iphone, then I heard "oooo pretty"... So we went on a search to find one she could feel and operate. No Luck. But today I found a dealer in Minnesota that has one in 9mm. He gave me 10% off msrp and told me that if I get it and my wife is not happy with it, I can return it and only pay shipping one way. Really nice guy, retired Cop and did 7 years in Spec forces. (also very chatty  ;D )
So I bought it , should have it in a few days. Kahr is also doing a special deal if you buy a Black Rose, You can buy a presentation Grade slide with personal engraving on it. I might have to turn this thing into an anniversary present (June 27th) She loves Bling !

Chief
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:22:44 PM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »
Congrats, Chief.  Glad that worked out for the BLACK ROSE!   Excellent!    :)

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2010, 02:52:58 PM »
I'll bet she will be happy with it! There is a man at our club who shoots a Kahr in IDPA and he is very happy with it.    

Offering personalization is a great promotion too! It will really make it "hers"!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:00:06 PM by MrsFosforos »

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2010, 03:07:46 PM »
She is heavily into  the "her's" aspect of her Jewelry, most of it is custom, Luckily one of the best custom jewelers in the country is a good friend. I think in her case the Bling factor is a huge one. She made the statement one time that she would rather die with a good looking regular purse then carry an ugly "Carry Purse".  ;D  She found a carry purse she liked but of course it had to be special ordered. Some guys would say she is high maintenance, but she is not, she just "knows what she wants"  ;D  (I do tell her that she has me, what more could she want !?  ;D ) Makes sense to me !

Chief
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:12:19 PM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
Chief, you have a point!    ;D

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 05:56:07 PM »
boy does those last two posts sound familiar....

Bought wife a new Sig auto and then she special orderd a "holster/purse" and then proceeded to steal my old "all" titanium Taurus 38 special because the Sig nine was too heavy. Can't remember model number on it as I haven't seen it since she swiped it!...model 84 I think? Only made them one year and stopped due to production costs. I know I loved it, tucked it into my upper shirt pocket while kayaking. Super lightweight.

Woman know what they want....and they usually get it! ;D
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 07:32:04 PM »
You have to please them, that's for sure!    ;D