Author Topic: Boberg  (Read 24682 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 07:53:45 PM »
The quality looks to be top notch. If that is the case it should do well. Unlike the Glock which I like because of its reliability the Borberg appears to have great ergonomics and tactile facility.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:10:29 PM by tracker »

Offline Relic

• Sharpshooter
  • Lifetime NRA, Lifetime VFW
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 09:59:23 AM »
Here are some new factory photos.  I for one am VERY excited to get one soon.

I would love to shoot one, but there's nothing in the spec's to really entice me to shell out ~$1000 for one.  Maybe the proof in is the shooting and I'll change my mind then.

Originally I was excited and wanted to buy one also.  But I already own a PM9, an R9, and for a longer barreled CCW a P9 Covert.  All are smaller than the Boberg in the area most critical for concealment, the size of the grip.  The Boberg is a fairly heavy pistol, so  it has no weight advantage either.  After taking a honest apprasial of the Boberg and it's specifications, I realised it would be a safe queen for me as the other pistols I own will carry better.

I guess that's the real issue for me; the Boberg almost equals the current state-of-the-art for CCW.  Which I already own.
Land of the free, because of the brave.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 10:38:41 AM »
The higher capacity and longer barrel do it for me.

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 05:00:27 PM »
 One will have to be careful how they grip it. The end of the barrel is extremely close to the trigger guard. You would be wise to hold it like a revolver if two hands are involved.

On the subject of Facebook/Myspace... I run a network for a large company and as was mentioned before, they are the place to go if you are looking for problems.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Relic

• Sharpshooter
  • Lifetime NRA, Lifetime VFW
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 07:10:58 PM »
The higher capacity and longer barrel do it for me.

Those would be very good reasons for you to purchase one then. :)   My priorities are different, so we have different thoughts on the Boberg.  I already own firearms that are better than the Boberg, for my needs.  But that's why there are so many different popular firearms, requirements differ by individual.

I bet you'll enjoy that unique little pistol.  I'd certainly love to shoot one.
Land of the free, because of the brave.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 03:28:18 PM »
Has anyone, here,  been able to purchase a Boberg yet or even put in their order?  Just curious.    :)  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:35:54 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 07:33:57 PM »
I've ordered but don't know when my number will come up.  Seems the lucky people who got in the first batch order will be getting theirs soon.  

http://www.bobergarms.com/forum/topics/any-news-to-feed-us-with-arne
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:36:19 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 07:54:37 PM »
I have not received the preorder form yet.  Was expecting that a couple months ago; takes time; I know.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »
I'll wait for the R45, it may even beat the Slowberg. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »
I know what you mean.    :)

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 08:24:30 PM »
I'd bet a shiny quarter that the R45 won't be the first one out.

I sorta like the way Ruger has done it for the past few years with having guns ready (or almost) to ship before they ever announce the gun.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »
I like that too; when it's announced you just buy it; simple.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 09:23:33 PM »
Thats the smart way to do it, people see it they like it they buy it. This way people see it they like they get tired of waiting and buy a Ruger. ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »

In some cases they buy the Ruger and wish they had waited longer.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 09:37:29 PM »
Let's see now, I've got five Rugers, no six Rugers, and never have wished I had waited longer.     ;)  And I don't feel like I'm just lucky!    :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:39:13 PM by kjtrains »