Author Topic: Ruger LCP Model 3730  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Ruger LCP Model 3730
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:05:44 PM »
The other day I left Critter Creek to take care of some legal business in town relating to the recent death of my beloved wife, Joyce.  On my way back home I happened to pass the place of business of my FFL, a long-time friend to both Joyce and me.  Given the depression in which I have been living since Joyce died six weeks ago, I hadn't planned to stop to see any friends while in town but for some reason I found myself pulling into my FFL's parking lot.

Once inside, my friend greeted me with both surprise and sympathy, and we began to reminisce about Joyce and what she had meant to so many in the community. 

After about an hour I glanced over at a display case and saw four Ruger LCPs, one of which was a Model 3730.

"What is the price of that little Ruger with the stainless steel slide," I asked.

"For you, Richard, I'll sell it wholesale," he said.

"No," I replied, "you have to make some money on the deal."

"I make enough money," he said, "and before she went on the Bench Joyce handled a case for me and charged me practically nothing.  Lets just call it paying back on a debt."

After the paperwork and background check had been completed, I walked out of the store with a new toy.  The next day I took a box of Precision One .380 ACP ammunition (proven to provide 13" of penetration through ballistic gel) to the range, set a target at 7 yards, and loaded 6 rounds into the little Ruger.  To my great surprise, four of the six rounds were in the 10 ring with 2 close by in the 9.  Recoil was noticeable but of no consequence. 

This Ruger LCP 3730 is a very affordable but serviceable little backup to the R9.  The specifications can be found at the link below.

In the past I have often "looked down my nose" at what I was wont to call "plastic" guns, but since owning and firing a Glock 17 and now this little Ruger I'm losing some of the arrogance I once had about such things.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcp/specSheets/3730.html

[Edited to correct typo.]

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:13:03 AM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Ruger LCP Model 3730
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 10:13:00 PM »

I have had several over the years, and I agree they are very good guns.  A great value!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Ruger LCP Model 3730
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 12:34:44 AM »
Don't know how many of you have seen this, but this guy did a series of tests on .380 ammo.  He posted videos of each round and did it as unbiased and scientifically as possible.  If you decide to carry the 9mm short, this might be a good read.  Don't forget to check out his youtube videos on the ammo he used.

http://shootingthebull.net/blog/final-results-of-the-380-acp-ammo-quest/

OP made a excellent choice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwCXXpEP50