Author Topic: Is the new Ruger LCP II trigger better than the RM380?  (Read 5569 times)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Is the new Ruger LCP II trigger better than the RM380?
« on: October 16, 2016, 01:50:13 PM »
I haven' tried the new LCP but someone on The High Road who owns both the LCP II and the RM380 posted that the new LCP trigger is like a smooth DA trigger and that it is smoother and lighter than the RM380.

I'm still saving my pennies for the RM380, but now I'm curious about the new LCP.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Is the new Ruger LCP II trigger better than the RM380?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 08:50:11 PM »
My low number RM380 was initially rough in the trigger pull area, however, after deciding to shoot the hell out of it, and now have a few hundred rounds through it. . . . the trigger has smoothed out quite a bit and is almost "Rohrbaugh" like. Hard to believe. . . . but true my friends.  ;-)

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Is the new Ruger LCP II trigger better than the RM380?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 06:50:04 PM »
Ya but I'm wondering if the LCP II trigger is really as smooth as the RM380 as one person said it was

I guess I'll go squeez one at a LGD, if they'll let me

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 09:31:23 AM »
Let us know what it feels like Count. 
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 11:43:46 AM »
I've heard some really bad things about the RM380, I tried the trigger in a gun store, I thought the trigger was similar but not quite as good as my R9.  I've heard people lambast the gun so severely I can't see how they're talking about the same gun.

Someone on another forum said that the RM380 was giving slide bite to shooters at media day SHOT so bad that Remington had a pile of bandaids in their booth?

Sounds a little suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 11:44:18 AM »
I've heard some really bad things about the RM380, I tried the trigger in a gun store, I thought the trigger was similar but not quite as good as my R9.  I've heard people lambast the gun so severely I can't see how they're talking about the same gun.

Someone on another forum said that the RM380 was giving slide bite to shooters at media day SHOT so bad that Remington had a pile of bandaids in their booth?

Sounds a little suspect.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 11:45:58 AM »
I think there are some people who absolutely HATE Remington at this point and bash them at every opportunity.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 08:33:33 PM »
I think there are some people who absolutely HATE Remington at this point and bash them at every opportunity.

Agreed

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 08:35:26 PM »

Sounds a little suspect.

I've been shooting the heck out of my RM380 with ZERO slide bite with it. . . . . (You do have to grab it properly as with ANY semi-auto handgun) . . . . . but what do we know!?   ...................