Author Topic: R9s for sale (OH)  (Read 10868 times)

Offline yadda_yadda

R9s for sale (OH)
« on: September 17, 2004, 07:59:46 PM »
After much deliberation I’ve decided to part with my 2 R9s.

Each has about 200-250 rounds through them.  I’ve used Winchester 115gr White Box, Federal 124gr and Silvertip 115 and 124 gr with success.  I used whatever ammo I had on hand so I didn’t try other brands or types.

Serial #138, has the anodized finish that some have described as “plumb”.  This gun went back to Rohrbaugh early on for an upgraded trigger return spring.  Has worked fine ever since.

Serial #R204, grey anodized grip.  

Each comes with original carry case, a total of 2 magazines, instructions, and original lock.  I bought a couple of brass punches for take-down and cleaning and will include one punch with each gun.  

My impression of Rohrbaugh has been:
It’s an extremely fine, well-made gun.  
It’s extremely accurate.  
Customer service is beyond outstanding.

With all that said, it simply is not the best gun or me.  In fact I’m slowly coming to the conclusion that semi-autos may not be the best option for me.  

Each gun is in extremely good shape.  I’m asking $840 for each gun plus $25 shipping. Sorry, no discount for purchasing both, though shipping may be combined.  Shipping to a licensed FFL dealer only.  Signed, original FFL form required; all the usual requirements.  Payment can be made via cashiers check or money order.  Local sales welcome but I'll still want ownership xfered through an FFL.

By the way, I ended up with 2 R9s because I got antsy for my first order, ordered from a second dealer, first gun arrived before I had a chance to cancel my second order, then the second order arrived. I fully intended to keep both till I decided to go the revolver route.

I’ll be happy to email pictures to anyone who requests them.

Please direct questions to marc@funyet.com.  Please be aware, I’m usually not near my email till evening, so unanswered email does not mean I’m ignoring you, I’m just not at my computer.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 12:49:41 PM by yadda_yadda »

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
Re: R9s for sale (OH)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 09:36:35 PM »
Oh man, this is a great chance for a couple of people to get a low serial numbered Rohrbaugh that is already broken in, and without a wait. Bet they're gone in two days! ;D  

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 11:43:51 PM »
SHOOT..
And me with one coming (hopefully) anytime.. Right John  :)

And-Wanting to buy one of those "evil" black rifles..

Would you consider any trades? Please Mail me..

Thanks..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

wg.JR

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 12:43:40 AM »
I am waiting for a r9s also. Will you take a partial trade I have

a Ruger Sp101 357 that has less than 100 rounds through it?

Offline yadda_yadda

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 01:00:39 AM »
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to trade at this time.  I need to use the $$$ from the Rohrbaughs to fund recent revolver purchases.  Thanks for checking though.  

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 03:41:36 AM »
>>Yadda...

I am interested in purchasing one of the guns, probably #204, but will take this to private e-mail to figure details.  Thank you...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 10:57:19 AM »
A collective ''Hi'' to new members!  :)

Wow -- ''for sale'' R9's .... never thought I'd see that yet awhile.  However ..... whilst initially I thought ...'' why the heck is anyone selling?'' ... I can actually appreciate the potentail probs for some folks with auto's.

I am a revo guy myself but happen also to like the R9 as almost the ultimate pocket piece.  I'll admit freely tho - it is not the easiest gun to shoot and certainly may not suit everyone.  I doubt these pups will be long in gaining new homes.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline yadda_yadda

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2004, 07:56:12 PM »
#R204 has been sold.

#138 still available.

Offline yadda_yadda

1 R9S for sale
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 05:27:54 PM »
#138 still up for sale as of 9/21.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 05:29:19 PM by yadda_yadda »

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 08:34:48 PM »
>>I am really surprised #138 is still available...!...and can't but wonder if the wider readership of this forum some how KNEW about this offer...that it would still be without a new home...?...!  I mean, geez...from what I've heard #138 means (and I stand to be corrected) that it is the 38th gun to be sold to the public (with the 1st 100 kept by Rohrbaugh).  Certainly a collector should want to scoop up this baby.  I pennied up for #204 because I want to shoot/carry it.  But when my originally ordered gun arrives (October) I will likely clean it up and bury it deep in my safe.  And I'm not even a collector...!...  

Perhaps our dear moderator could see to placing Yaddy's ad as a banner or something - a real service to the community, I say...lol...!  Just a thought.  And, no...I am not getting a discount on #204 for saying this.  I just know how happy I was to find this puppy for sale the same day I discovered the "For Sale" forum.  After all...how many other R9s have actually been sold here...?...TW<<

Offline Meggacatz

• Proud Daddy!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 11:50:53 PM »
I was told the same about the low numbered guns. 1-100 were retained by Rohrbaugh for R&D, T&E, and because they wanted to have the 1st 100. I bought a low number for it being unique & has potential for being collectable. #138 has the same potential and it seems it would be a good investment.
Keep watching, I'm bound to do something stupid again.
R9 #11x

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2004, 10:23:38 AM »
I have addressed this in other threads... the serial numbers are not consecutive to the the order they are SOLD -- they are consecutive with the order in which the frames were produced.

My gun that shipped in August had serial number 17X.  It was not the 75th gun sold or shipped.  Eric explained that the frames are produced in batches, then sent off for annodizing in different batches.  They do not go out the door in order.  My gun has the 75th frame produced (after the initial upgrade when the added the "R" prefix), but was closer to the 150th out the door.

So -- I am not sure that the "informed" Rohrbaugh collector would find any more value in #138 than #204.  Whether the average joe might pay more down the road is a different story I guess.

Yadda -- have you posted your gun on some of the higher traffic boards like The High Road or Glock Talk?

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline dbracin

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2004, 01:13:27 PM »
Is #138 still for sale?

Offline yadda_yadda

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2004, 05:48:41 PM »
Yes, still available.  My email is marc@funyet.com.

Thanks

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New home for #204...
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2004, 09:31:41 AM »
>>Yesterday I took possession of #204 from Yadda_Yadda and I could not be happier...!  The gun is in pristine shape and came not only with the extra spring and brass 1/16" punch - also picked up two R9 holsters...a Maverick Pocket Holster and a Gator Belt Holster...also in excellent shape.  Later today I will be taking the R9s to the range for a first outing **widegrins**.  

All in all it was a pleasure to work this deal with Yadda.  He is quite a gentleman and obviously takes great care of his firearms.  If any of you out there have serious interests in picking up a well loved and cared for R9s with a low serial number - Yadda still has #138...!  This gun MUST be waiting to hand pick a new owner because that is the only reason I can think of why it hasn't sold to date...go figure.

For years now I have been carrying a Glock 30 (Winter gun) or a S&W 649 with Crimson Trace Laser sights (Summer gun).  I am hoping the R9s will become my year round gun.  

Thanks again, Yadda...!...TW<<