Author Topic: Custom Serial Number  (Read 7684 times)

Offline Robar233

• Master
Custom Serial Number
« on: July 29, 2011, 09:08:21 PM »
 Do any of you know if Rohrbaugh will do custom serial numbers upon special request?
 I got one from Seecamp, but I have not heard anything about Rohrbaugh doing this as well.
 I would be willing to pay extra and wait a little longer for some custom numbers.
 Thanks in advance for your help.

Robar233

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Custom Serial Number
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 09:37:20 PM »
There was one done early on for a Forum member who is a stock holder in the company; Dan posted this, so hope he doesn't mind.

Duane  I also have custom serial #  DTM 39  Don't know if it makes gun collectable, But it makes me feel good.  Deer Park slide  Set of blue grips  also Set of black.  Don't know if there are any others. Dan
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 10:20:17 PM »
There was also a custom number done for Blackhawk way back when.  BLACKHAWK1, I think.  I would have to back to the old posts and look.

I think its possible, but a real pain in the butt.  They don't do it as a matter of course.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 10:33:51 PM »
Here's a few others Corey found.

I know the owner of 101 (and he ain't selling  :'()  Here is part of a email he sent me:

", yes I have #101, it was the first Rohrbaugh released to the public so it is technically the lowest serial number possilbe."

I have also read here on the forum of 5 custom serial number guns.  Over the past couple months I have gone back and re-read nearly every post on the forum trying to catch every piece of history I can.   I should have written down more than I did.  Numbers 321, 322, Blackhawk1, BPD-001 & DTM 39.
I have even found the owner of serial number 33 (no R) but also is a NO WAY I'LL SELL IT gun.

EDIT:  There were at least 6 custom serial numbers.  I just found another one a early buyer posted "I finally got mine after waiting a whole year! The delay was mainly caused by my desire to have a custom serial number to match my Seecamp .32 and .380."

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 10:43:42 PM »
 You folks are a wealth oh knowledge! All things R9 and a lot more.
 If the R45 does come to be, I will try to get a custom serial number.

Sincerely,
 Robar233

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »
Call'em up and ask if a extra $_ _ would get you a custom number and see what happens.  It don't hurt to ask.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 10:51:30 PM »
There was also a custom number done for Blackhawk way back when.  BLACKHAWK1, I think.  I would have to back to the old posts and look.

I think its possible, but a real pain in the butt.  They don't do it as a matter of course.

I'm not "in the know" but it may be a lot easier than it used to be and not such a pain in the butt for the manufacture now.  Read  Arne's post here.

http://www.bobergarms.com/forum/topics/custom-serial-s

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 10:55:17 PM »
Ok, I will make the call on Monday. I'll let you know what Maria has to say. I will also ask about the Robar edition R45 while I am at it.
 Robar233

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 06:09:55 PM »
All,

I emailed Rohrbaugh today and got my answers. "At this time Rohrbaugh does not offer custom serial numbers".
 I also asked about the R45 and a Robar edition. As there is no release date at this time there is no information about finishes or limited editions.
 I guess you could say I struck out all the way around.

Robar233

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 06:44:27 PM »
Well, I could have told you that...   ;)

Karl will not talk about what he doesn't have ready to go out the door.

If history is any indication, they will be busy for a while just getting basic guns out the door.  When things slow down, they will consider diversifying the line-up a little.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com