Author Topic: R9s Magazine Extension  (Read 3886 times)

Offline captaincrm

R9s Magazine Extension
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:29:45 AM »
I ordered 2 of the pearce mag. extensions for Kahrs from GT Dist. yesterday. Anyone know what I have to do to these to make them fit properly? I'm just hoping that I don't have to make any mods. to the magazines. Thanks.
Charlie

Offline sslater

• Master
Re: R9s Magazine Extension
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:53:02 PM »
captaincrm,
You'll have to do a little trimming on the Pearce extension to clear the heel release mechanism.  That's about all I did on my Pearce mag adaptors.  Since they are plastic, dimensions can vary more than the stock steel base plate. So you should also make certain there is no interference between the adaptor and the bottom of the grip frame when the mag is locked in place.  

I mentioned in another thread that I ended up hating the  mag extension.  It just didn't fit my hand comfortably.  Some guys swear by 'em.   Another gadget in the "jewel" box.   :P

Offline captaincrm

Re: R9s Magazine Extension
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 10:22:35 AM »
I did read you thread. I am comfortable shooting the R9 without the extension, but for $20 for the 2 extensions if I don't like them, in the trash they go! I hated my Keltec grip until I extended the mag. capacity by one which gave me the extra grip I needed. I shoot one handed and need a firm grip.
As long as I don't have to modify the mag. I'm happy. This is one of those things that I just have to try and it's cheap enough to remove without breaking the bank. I carry mine as shown in the pic. in my back pocket and if I'm not able to conseal it with the grip extension or it is uncomfortable, I'll remove the extension.
Charlie