Author Topic: Any news on these?  (Read 31367 times)

Offline jarcher

• Master
Any news on these?
« on: July 02, 2007, 05:01:51 AM »
Wow, I see I have started 50%, and soon to be 66%, of the topics here!  I have not been by this board in quite a while.  Anything new on these?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Any news on these?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:16:21 PM »
jarcher:

I believe Tom Watson ("theirishguard") has some R380s on order. I believe they're due to start shipping later this year. You might want to get in touch with Tom through his website:

http://irishguardfirearms.com/

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Myhobbit...
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 12:11:13 PM »
>>Neeeeeed R-380 NOW...!...TW<<

John

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 02:18:27 PM »
I was told the release date was suppose to be July. Due to set backs, more toward the end of the year

Offline Erich

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 11:25:59 PM »
I'm really getting disappointed at the continual "whoops, we gave too early a date" problems from the firearms industry. When was the last time something was rolled out, working, on time or ahead of schedule?

Anyway, I also am interested in the .380 version.  :-/

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »
jarcher:

I believe Tom Watson ("theirishguard") has some R380s on order. I believe they're due to start shipping later this year. You might want to get in touch with Tom through his website:

http://irishguardfirearms.com/

Don't see it on his website nor any mention on the Rohrbaugh website either.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Any news on these?
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »
Don't see it on his website nor any mention on the Rohrbaugh website either.

I spoke with Eric yesterday and he said they are currently focusing efforts and resources on some of these high end R-9s which I hear folks talking about...HOWEVER...he also said the R-380s will hit the market beginning later this year.  

So all and all that was encouraging to hear...a couple/few more months wait is nothing to me anymore having waited a year or more on certain other "lil 380 critters.  I say this NOT being a very patient waiter by Nature, but rather because of the glow of satisfaction I have first (and continue) to experience when finally holding something like your first R-9 or Seecamp.  Wait, wait...wait, wait, waiting...TW<<  

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 11:19:04 PM »
Thanks for the update -- I'm really looking forward to the .380ACP!

Offline TW

• Grand Master
R-380...
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 09:18:12 AM »
>>I can tell you one thing...the more noise the boys here about folks like us wanting the R-380...the faster they are likely to move on them.  Like all businesses they need to earn money...which for them now seems to be coming in with these fancy R-9s.  Personally, I think they have a much bigger market for the R-380s...but what do I know - other than the fact I will buy an R-380 that slips in my pocket (or my wifes') long before I buy a fancy engraved R-9 (already have two) that sits in a box.  So there - lol...!...TW<<

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 09:24:49 AM »
+1 on that. I don't need engraved models. A .380 on the other hand sounds very appealing to me. With Ranger +P ammo, I think that it's a better choice than any of my J-frames without the excessive recoil of the R9's.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 09:42:43 AM »
I do have a lick on my web site for Rohrbaugh. In talking with the folks at Rohrbaugh they expect the .380 to be ready late this fall.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

John

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 12:08:43 PM »
Tom's the man ;)

Offline WatchTimes

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 08:23:18 PM »
I am just curious...
Why would anyone want this when it is the same size as the 9 mm?
I do not imagine the weight savings could be that much??
"You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training."
Barrett Tillman

John

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 08:39:25 PM »
Less recoil would be my first response ;) 2nd just to have one :o Myself I am happy with the 9mm.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 08:40:33 PM by John »

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Any news on these?
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 11:47:41 PM »
>>I have two main reasons for wanting an R-380...  I sorta collect .380s - mostly small out of production Colts but more modern ones too - like a Seecamp .380.  At this point in life the guns I collect are all ones I shoot = no wall hangers here.  And having shot the prototype R-380 I can honestly say it is the most pleasant and accurate .380 I've ever handled...those guys had me hook, line, and sinker a couple years ago while I still had the prototype in hand.

The other reason is it's a Rohrbaugh...which I'm hoping won't cost much more than a standard R-9.  I hope the fancy collectors edition R-9s sell well for the guys but as far as I'm concerned that market is in a way, far away galaxy from where I'm at with guns...which is fine...to each their own, and I dare say I think these Rohrbaugh Collectors editions will do nothing but increase in value in the years to come...

But dang it - I want my R-380...!...TW<<