Author Topic: Highest price for an R9?  (Read 3245 times)

Offline gkgeiger

• Sharpshooter
Highest price for an R9?
« on: August 21, 2015, 09:31:46 AM »
There are now 4 R9's on Gunbroker for $2k to $3k. What's the highest price that you know one has sold for? I read here that there were a couple listed at one time in the $5k range. Wow, maybe I should hang on to mine.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Highest price for an R9?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 01:53:42 PM »
Yes, $5,000.00 was the highest price paid thus far for an R9 pistol. That was a one off fully engraved R9. I believe it resides somewhere in Texas now.

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 06:21:46 PM »
I have made offers on two R9s in excess of $5k, neither offer was accepted. After a lot of searching and back and forth with one owner of an Elite Premium I offered $6k final offer. He said he wouldn't sell for anything less than $10k. When I found another EP I paid MUCH less so it worked out well for me in the long run. The other offer I made was on my "Grail" gun before I purchased Karl's very early SN "R9" was $10k for SN 101 no R the earliest production gun outside of those at the factory. He refused the offer and in the end it worked out - I ended up buying Karl's gun and am very happy with that. I would not make either offer today and am not sure if there is an R9 that I would pay more than $5k for at this point.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 07:21:34 PM »
Talking about the early guns. . . . . . #101 was given to a writer named Jeff OTMG for writing about it on one of the firearm forums around 2003 or so. He has since past away and I do not know who currently owns #101 at this time. However, I have the first R9 sold to the public. . . . . Serial Number 102. . . . . No prefix. S.N. 102 was the first gun someone paid for in the public domain. I will take some photographs of it and make a post about it in the coming weeks. It has an interesting story and history on how it was made and how it ended up back in my hands. A nice story you won't want to miss!

Eric R.

Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.