Author Topic: PM45  (Read 5875 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: PM45
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 10:07:34 PM »
I love to shoot a .44 special.

;D

My second pistol that I bought was a Super Blackhawk.  I was 18 and I had to reload to be able to afford to shoot.

Being young and dumb, having the most powerful handgun in the world, at that time, I naturually thought I had to load out to the max.

I shot about 200-300 rounds every weekend.

This was the beginning of the nerve damage that I now have in both hands/arms, from the tips of my fingers to my shoulders.

I have now come to appreciate the smaller caliber/loads. :)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 10:27:12 PM »
So far I still like the high calibers.  Usually don't shoot over 50 rds of .44 mags, then another day the .454 or maybe mix 'em up for a total of 50; seems to work.  

The Freedom Arms .454 kicks the hardest; more so than the .454 Ruger Alaskan.  It's still a lot of fun.  

I can understand why, for sure,  your shooting at the maximum load and that many in a weekend; WOW!    
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 07:53:22 PM »
It is sooo hard for me to pass up deals on those precise Freedom Arms!  What machinery.

And the little man in me always trys to sell me an Alaskan at gunshows -- "it's a heavy frame, it will tame recoil, it's a Ruger Tank".....

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 10:25:43 PM »
Yep.  The Freedom Arms .454 with 7 1/2 inch non-ported barrel is one fine gun.  The tolerances are so tight, that the shells on the spent rds on .300 gr. ammo is very hard to punch out; haven't tried lower gr. ammo.

Had an individual at the range wanted to shoot it one day; after 2 rds, he handed it back.  I shot 47 rds that day, leaving one in the box.  Still have that rd as that was my first box in shooting the Freedom Arms .454.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 08:20:35 PM »
I know better than to even TOUCH one of those .454s. ???

My 45 Win Mag and 475 Wildey don't come close, but at least they are GAS OPERATED for my sake. :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 08:46:15 PM »
Good that you can enjoy the 45 Win Mag and 475 Wildey.  Always a bright side.   :)

Offline Amacro

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 01:43:54 PM »
Well after all was said and done I not get the PM45, I have read and heard some of them can be quirky and since this one was used (barely) it may have had problems. If it was a friend who had the gun and I knew that it functioned well I would already own it, but at gander mt  you just can't be sure until after the fact. On the review of some of the responses I like and have actually fired the glock 36-and it did handle well but certainly not a pocket gun but neither is the PM45, sigh guess I'll be patient and wait for the rorhbaugh 45  ;D
Al

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 05:51:25 PM »
Yes!  The R45.  Good decision.  May take awhile, but it'll be worth the wait.    :)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 07:59:37 AM »
and wait, and wait... :'(
lets change the subject. ::)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 08:22:18 AM »
I know, the wait is hard, for sure!    ;)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 01:18:26 AM »
Wait for the R-45, wait for the One of a Kind R9 auction, wait for the Boberg, wait for the Microtec Archangel, wait to die.
Who knows which will come first. :o Hopefully not the last one.
It reminds me of the Army, wait, wait, wait.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 07:48:42 AM »
Always something to look forward to, John!    ;D

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 09:38:51 PM »
I had one of the early PM45s, and it gave me nothing but trouble.  Went back to the factory THREE times with no improvement in functionality.  On the fourth time, I told them I did not want this gun back, or a replacement PM45.  Kahr did right by me, however; they let me pick any gun I wanted from their lineup, and I chose a black stainless (all steel) K9 with night sights.  Works great, and I never really liked polymer frame guns anyway.  I prefer any caliber that begins with a 4 over anything that begins with a 3 or 9, but the K9 will shoot as hot a load as I want to feed it.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 10:41:41 PM »

Sounds like Kahr is a stand up company.