Author Topic: Failure to feed  (Read 6671 times)

Offline Larry

Re: Failure to feed
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 10:36:54 PM »
Bill, Just got a used 239.  Only shot it once.  I really like the SAS which is a DAO.  A lot of people like this trigger.  I personally like Sigs in native mode.  I want to try the DAK trigger though. I really love the S&W concealed hammer snubbies. Kinda like a high cap flatter wheel gun.  The 239 will accommodate the .40 or .357 sig barrel. However, even though you can feed each from the same mag, it is my understanding that you can have FTF's if you do not 'match' the mag to the barrel.  i.e., .357 orig.mag for .357 barrel.  Also, only original Sig mags seem to function reliably.  BTW, no need for decocker on the DAO's.  Larry

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 11:11:43 PM »
Larry,

I really like the Sig P239.  It fits just right.  I had the Sig Short Trigger installed, so now it is easier to reach the trigger with short hands.

I came very close to buying the S&W 642 38 +P revolver.  It seems to be highly popular and well recommended.  I've been trying to trade my Bersa 380 and a Buckmark Camper for the 642, but nobody will go for it.

I just can't keep buying guns.  Of course, every single one has to have a new holster.  There is no end to it.

I bet you enjoy the revolvers.  At least, you know they will just about always fire OK.

Bill

Offline Larry

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 11:32:33 PM »
Bill: I had the 642 for a few yrs.  It had a polished satin finish then. I liked it better than the bead blast look now.  It wore Pachmyer's. Stock otherwise.  Great gun. Sold it and a raft of collectible good stuff when I got divorced some years back. I went to England for a couple yrs and so could not take anything there.  I had been living in NY, so gun related hassels abound there.  The 642 relegated my all time favorite to the safe, as I did not want to comprimise its collectable condition by continuing to carry. It was a Detective Spl. with factory Royal Blue and possibly the best action on any that I have tried.  Many people prefer Smiths. I just mostly had Colts.  My .22 Diamondback (also sold) was the best made revolver I ever shot. Also some custom work Single Action Colt revolvers.  I may very well get another 642 and have it tweaked.  Never saw another Colt snubby as nice as the one I had.  The scandium guns are tempting, but not controllable in my opinion.  My steel Colt was much more comfortable to shoot than even the 642.  I can only imagine the punishment from a scandium alloy .357!   Larry

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 01:16:34 AM »
If you put the pachmeyer rubber grips on the scandiums, they aren't too bad -- not a match gun, but controllable...of course, I also like shooting (at least the first six rounds) of my 454 alaskan...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Larry

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 10:22:56 AM »
Aglifter: Thanks for reply.  Would love to chat on Scandiums, etc. Probably time to switch to What Other Guns thread.    Larry

Offline Larry

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 10:45:23 AM »
Aglifter- I went to "HELP S&W 340PD......thread.   Larry

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 08:37:35 AM »
I shot 109 rounds through the Sig P239.  They were Golden Saber 124 gr +P.

It worked perfectly.  Confidence is very high now, so it is a suitable backup for my R9S.   :)

I keep pulling my shirt tail down each time when getting out of a chair.  Probably just need to forget about it being there.