Author Topic: is this 45 going to happen?  (Read 21241 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: is this 45 going to happen?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 04:36:08 PM »
I should have my R45 with the custom ser. # yankee2500 early next week.  Karl & Eric are meeting me in Rome to give me a certificate for the gun so when I get back home I can have it shipped to my FFL. ;D

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 06:54:55 PM »
Well, has anyone heard anything more about the production of an R45?

Not any new news has surfaced to date!    :(
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 12:37:01 PM »
look for info and shipping after the 2012 SHOT SHOW. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 03:41:51 PM »
look for info and shipping after the 2012 SHOT SHOW. Tom

Now that's some good news!  How long after the show?
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »
Easy boy, watch your blood pressure.  ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »
Easy boy, watch your blood pressure.  ;D ;D

It did shoot up a little!    ;D

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »
Could we all pick them up at the show?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 06:37:46 PM »
Could we all pick them up at the show?

Here's the latest from Duane on the R45.

Hey guys -- The SHOT Show is just around the corner, and it won't be long before all the speculation starts.  Many of you will recall my reporting, after SHOT 2011, that I had actually held an R45 prototype, and that production was scheduled to commence by January 2012.

Unfortunately, the factory has not been able to hold to that schedule.  A number of manufacturing and production issues have conspired to push the project back a bit. Interestingly, none of the issues relate to the design of the firearm itself, which is largely worked out.  However, there is a huge commitment of time and resources required to mass produce an entirely new firearm. They are working on these issues as we speak.

I can assure you that Karl and Eric and the entire Rohrbaugh crew remain committed to the R45, and it will happen -- but the exact timeframe is unclear at this point.  Of course, I will keep the forum informed of the progress of the R45, and you will hear any updates here first!

I know a number of you will be disappointed in the delay -- and I feel your pain.  But, I assure you that Rohrbaugh is just as eager to make the R45 as we are to buy one. 

And...I hear there will be a new Rohrbaugh R9 model on display at SHOT to help pass the time while you wait.   ;)

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 10:30:39 PM »
I'm disappointed in myself.  I find myself occasionally checking this thread for any update with the R45 even though it has clearly been laid out.  Perhaps I'm hoping for surprise news that they will have something to debut ahead of schedule.  I know it's an impossibility.  I'm just so impressed with my R9 that the thought of a R45 in my arsenal is just so appealing.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 11:05:22 PM »
thor I agree 100% it will be a great addition to anyones stable. I'm looking forward to it.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson