Author Topic: I am amazed  (Read 7585 times)

Offline semiretiredky

I am amazed
« on: January 11, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »
Eric,  I'm not positive of your connection to Rohrbaugh firearms, but I surmise that you had something to do with their construction with a brother named Karl.  I'm probably wrong about that, but just trying to fit it all together.  I just ran onto some pictures of the Rohrbaugh R9 on the internet and became smitten.  My last name is Rohrbaugh and I would like to own one of those bad boys.  Hope I'm not too late, I guess Remington bought the company out and probably has redesigned the weapon.  Great forum.

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
Re: I am amazed
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 05:39:49 PM »
Eric,  I'm not positive of your connection to Rohrbaugh firearms, but I surmise that you had something to do with their construction with a brother named Karl.  I'm probably wrong about that, but just trying to fit it all together.  I just ran onto some pictures of the Rohrbaugh R9 on the internet and became smitten.  My last name is Rohrbaugh and I would like to own one of those bad boys.  Hope I'm not too late, I guess Remington bought the company out and probably has redesigned the weapon.  Great forum.

Eric and his brother are the co-creators of the company. Im quite sure there are a few R9's in the classifieds section right now.
Welcome to the forum. Im sure Eric will chime in soon with a nice welcome message of his own.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 06:40:27 PM »
Well well. . . . Semiretired in Kentucky aye!? lol. Yes, Mr. Rohrbaugh, you have a family member in the firearms designing business. Ha haa. . . . You do realize that there are only approximately 13,000 "Rohrbaughs" in this country. We are few and far between but growing recently as the young folks are having families and children. . . . finally!  lol.  You also must know that our family crest goes back a ways. . . . . to about 1068 or so I believe. That's a good run for any family!

So, yes, Karl designed the R9 and I helped make it run and did most of the final assemblies and test firing of the pistols. I also had a good hand in designing the different models we came out with, mostly because I was bored making the same looking gun day in and day out, hence the different looks. Odd I know, but that's what we did. . . . we had fun with it!

OK. . . .  Well, as offroadmania mentioned, go check in the forum classified area and there are usually a few around. Also check on Gunbroker.com. 

Welcome aboard and should you have any questions, just ask. Most of the folks here know about as much as I do about the R9 Pistols!

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 06:42:08 PM »
PS: Oh. . . . By the way. . . . I happen to have an early model Remington RM380 and they did a nice job with our pistol. It actually shoots quite well.  ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 07:28:20 PM »
Rohrbaugh, welcome to the Rohrbaugh Forum.  Before buying, search through the forum for the many variations of the R9.  Earliest models had blue, then black carbon fiber grips.  Production started in Farmingdale then moved to Deer Park.  These also had the earlier slide variation.  Improved and updated slides had USA and the latest slides had U.S.A.  Common colors are all black Stealth, all silver, and two tone.  Sighted or sightless.  Most used guns for sale are shot little but carried often or safe queens.  There are a few beat up Rohrbaughs out there that you should avoid.  Phil

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 09:11:08 PM »
Well put Phil.

ecr

Offline semiretiredky

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
Thanks for the information Eric.  I do have a book on our genealogy but we have a puzzle in that my ancestors changed  our name from Rohrback or bach to Rohrbaugh in Pennsylvania  many generations ago.  When I was stationed in Germany in the 60's the Deutschers  all accepted me as a German ancestor and would treat me as a friend.  Not far from where I was stationed there was a small town named Rohrbach, go figure.  I would still like to own one of your guns and hopefully someday I will. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 07:28:25 PM »
Nice story there KY. Hopefully, one day, you will own a Rohrbaugh R9. Keep an eye out here as they come up every so often and the ones that show up here and usually very clean or unusual pieces.

We Rohrbaughs have many relatives in eastern PA, especially near York, PA. We even have a street named after us. . . . Rohrbaugh Street, but I forget which town it is in at the moment. I want to take a motorcycle ride there this summer on my old BMW for the fun of it.  lol.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:30:39 PM by ECR »

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 02:44:21 PM »
They are FANTASTIC handguns. I bought one to see what's it all about. My third is now on the way. SMALLEST, LIGHTEST 9mm semi auto pistol ever made.

Sometimes someone will just hit the right kets and a masterpiece will appear. Eric, and Karl did just that. They are 2 in 333,000,000 to hit this right combo.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 11:22:18 AM »
They are FANTASTIC handguns. I bought one to see what's it all about. My third is now on the way. SMALLEST, LIGHTEST 9mm semi auto pistol ever made.

Sometimes someone will just hit the right kets and a masterpiece will appear. Eric, and Karl did just that. They are 2 in 333,000,000 to hit this right combo.

Wow Kevin . . . . . . I am humbled by your statement here.

Thank you kind Sir.

Eric R.