Author Topic: Refinish a LWS 25??  (Read 3786 times)

Offline mshechte

• Sharpshooter
Refinish a LWS 25??
« on: May 18, 2007, 01:25:01 AM »
I recently picked up a LWS 25, needless to say I am GEEKED to complete my Trifecta so quickly  ;D. It has the Bead Blasted finish with a few shiny spots that are typical for a 23 year old pistol. All in all it's in pretty good shape.
My question is, has anyone ever heard of having a LWS 25 polished out? If so, can you recommend someone who is capable of this task?
I've been poking around on the Seecamp Forum for a little while, just looking around. Don't know why I have not joined yet. Just lazy I guess. While looking around there, I have noticed some pretty fine pictures of collections that included polished LWS 25's along with the 32's and the 380's. Did Seecamp offer this polished finish from the factory? I was under the impression that the Bead Blasted finish was the only one offered on the 25. Would I de-value the gun if I had it polished?
Please advise. I value the opinions here on this Forum, and since there are alot of Seecamp owners here, I know you guys won't steer me wrong.
Thanks in advance,
Mark

" If Guns kill people...then all of mine are Defective "    Ted Nugent.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: Refinish a LWS 25??
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 08:54:23 AM »
Any rare gun will be worth more in it's original condition! That being said, it's your gun and if you don't like the way it looks do what makes you happy. I just sent a P7M8 "Chantily" with some marred finish to Robar to be refinish, some would call me crazy! ::)
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 07:17:01 PM »
Mark:

Congratulations on completing the "Trifecta"!  

I believe the Seecamp factory could refinish the pistol for you without diminishing its value.  But as Newt has noted, it's your gun to do with as you please.  You might want to sign up on the Seecamp Forum and then pose the question directly to Larry Seecamp:

http://www.seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=questions

Congratulations again on your Seecamp "Trifecta."  Now all you lack is one of those rare 1911 double-action conversions which Larry's father produced years ago.   (I've only seen photographs of one of those.)  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 06:44:37 PM »
I believe that anytime you refinish a "collectable" gun,the "value" goes down for resale means..

If you are using as a shooter-by all means refinish!!

+1 on checking with Larry Seecamp on the Seecamp Forum-he will give you the straight poop!! ;D

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline mshechte

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 01:35:13 AM »
FYI, I joined the Seecamp Forum as recommended, and posed my Question to the Man himself. He has given me his Cell Phone Number, and wants me to give him a call for a Side Bar  on the subject.
How Cool is That!!  I'll let you know the outcome.
Later,
Mark
" If Guns kill people...then all of mine are Defective "    Ted Nugent.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 01:48:22 AM »
Larry will give you the straight poop!! ;)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 07:33:33 AM »
FYI, I joined the Seecamp Forum as recommended, and posed my Question to the Man himself. He has given me his Cell Phone Number, and wants me to give him a call for a Side Bar  on the subject.
How Cool is That!!  I'll let you know the outcome.
Later,
Mark

Mark:

"I love it when a plan comes together!"   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 02:21:21 PM »
can't go wrong when talking to Larry about it. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus