Author Topic: R-45 is Coming  (Read 52179 times)

Offline dano

• Expert
Re: R-45 is Coming
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 09:36:31 PM »
Haha. Does that mean I get the first one? I will settle for third after the R brothers.  ;D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »
I think I hear cherubim...   ;D  I realize the secrecy needs, etc - I've had my deposit on the R45 out for awhile - if he gets the final shape finished, and could get a mold out to some holster makers, so I could order a holster to arrive along w. the pistol...

(If he's really worried about keeping the shape secret, perhaps it could be sent to Rohrbaugh and included w. the gun.)  

Also, a rough idea of cost, so I know how much toy money to set aside.  
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »
Haha. Does that mean I get the first one? I will settle for third after the R brothers.  ;D

dano.  You'll have to get in line!  Sorry!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »
I don't have a deposit on one and don't care about having one of the first couple of hundred. I would like #224, my birth date. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 09:57:01 PM »
I don't have a deposit on one and don't care about having one of the first couple of hundred. I would like #224, my birth date. ;D

John

I do have a deposit in and will take an early one, hopefully.  I do know the pitfalls of what can go on with early production, however, Rohrbaugh stands behind their product, so I'm not worried.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 10:11:35 PM »

dano.  You'll have to get in line!  Sorry!    ;D

Yes, I know!  Just wishful thinking! ;D I am sure that, with all the people that have put down a deposit on the R45, the line is quite long.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »
Is an early model R45 really going to be collectable in this case? Early R380s never took off because there was nothing really special about them. Early R9s had cosmetic changes so they were different in many ways and not just by the early serial.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:19:09 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »
CCW.  Can't answer your question on will the early R45 to be collectable or not.  Mine's going to be a shooter, so I'm just going to like having one and enjoying what it does.    :)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 10:25:17 PM »
I wouldn't think that anything past the first ten would have much more value than than the rest. Who knows how many of the first production the R-Bros will tuck away in the safe. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »
Probably quite a few.  I'll just be glad when production starts.    ;)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 02:34:04 AM »
I will inquire tomorrow as to whether any of these questions can be answered.  
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »
I just want NEED one!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 01:18:39 PM »
I'm not worried about collectibility - I drag my guns through all kinds of horrible things - I just don't enjoy delayed gratification...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 02:52:48 PM »
It would be a real collector's item if the first one hundred R 45s came with Blue Carbon Fiber grips.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »
Great balls of fire!  Blue Carbons on the R45!  That would be nice.    :D