Author Topic: still in business????  (Read 21886 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: still in business????
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 12:11:05 PM »
Well said, Duane!  This member of the congregation says, "Amen."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MaxBlack

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 02:40:47 PM »
It's rather astonishing to me that they would up-and-move, leaving all phone lines to voice mail, and not even bothering to put any automated responses on their email address(es).

It would have been trivially easy to change their voice response system ("Please bear with us we are moved to North Carolina and will blah blah blah shortly") and put an automated reply in their emails until they get a handle on things.

:P

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »
... phone message simply says "we are closed while moving the company"

They did change their voicemail.  The fact they used the term "closed" would seem to indicate there will be a delay in returning calls.

I'm not sure their e-mail system has an auto-responder.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »
It seems to me that the cause for consternation was the lack of an advance notice and maybe it was for a good reason. Without a prior announcement of intent the recording that stated," we are moving the company" just fueled speculation that something more ominous was afoot.

Fortunately, the cards are on the table now and the events of the past week have very little practical relevance. I was quite relieved to hear the positive news of the move to Charlotte. For years a lot of us have felt a close tie to the R9 and Rohrbaugh where we felt like part of the family and the apparent void last week was a bit of a shock. However, it is their company and they can run it like they see fit; no one there ever contacted me about my proxy vote.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:10:55 PM by tracker »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »
Lol. Great point. I think you are right. It is their company and they can run it how they want to.

Many people don't like my company decisions. If what I am doing is for the good of all, personally I don't care THAT much : ) you do what is right and move on. Perhaps in retrospect they (like I have in the past) will go .. "Hmmm, next time we move the company (or whatever) I think we will do things a little differently."

Then again maybe they won't : ))

Take care and thanks.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 11:00:31 AM »

Turns out my information was incomplete...for good reason.

See this: http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7305.0
Duane (DDGator)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
Good for them. Just a few questions to ponder..

What types of changes have been made to products that are now made under the freedom  brand rather than the original makers?

Can we expect an improvement or decline in service/quality etc?

Marketing will probably increase and price and production will likely also be affected.

What will happen to our pre-freedom R9's warranty and values? Values seem like they would surely go up. Buy one now if ya can : )

INTRIGUING!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline heyjoe

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 06:16:09 PM »
para ordinance has an awful customer service reputation.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 06:26:25 PM »
para ordinance has an awful customer service reputation.

That may be, I haven't had much personal experience with para.  Nothing they make has ever interested me that much.

However, I would just say that Para is one of many companies under the Remington Outdoor (formerly Freedom Group) ownership umbrella.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline heyjoe

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 06:51:48 PM »
hopefully it works out well with an infusion of investment capital and expansion of  manufacturing capability leaving more time for design and innovation

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 09:18:52 PM »
Wow!
This is a big move!

Freedom Group just changed their name a couple months ago to Remington Outdoor Company -- they're one of the largest firearms manufacturers in the world.

In addition to Para, they own at least 15 firearms related companies including Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Barnes, and Marlin.

They are expanding rapidly-- for example, just last week they announced a new firearms   manufacturing plant in Alabama that will employ more than 2000 people.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:48:22 PM by jetboater »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 09:33:09 PM »
Of course we don't know they are being bought by Freedom yet
 right?

John Stuart Mill

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 09:49:59 PM »
Of course we don't know they are being bought by Freedom yet
 right?

Correct! 

All speculation at this point......
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:07:54 PM by jetboater »

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 10:23:01 PM »
Wouldn't they be required by BATF to file notices of a move or sale?  Has anyone contacted them yet? 

You can't just pack up a weapons manufacturing shop and head over to another state.  Maybe we can get answers there since everyone is just speculating while being stonewalled by the factory.

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 10:53:27 PM »
I'm willing to wait til Karl and Eric announce something........contacting BATF would serve no purpose other than satisfy curiousity....and I'm sure the sale and relocation is being done in compliance with all laws and regs---Karl and Eric would do it no other way.

Whether it's Remington or some other company, I'm sure the brothers had their reasons to sell. 

Trying to make a living running a small shop making less than 800 guns a year (2011 ATF stats (latest available) show they made 16 380s and 775 9mms that year) would be a very tough business. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:10:34 PM by jetboater »