Author Topic: the expensive rohrbaugh  (Read 9298 times)

Offline Mike

Re: the expensive rohrbaugh
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2005, 11:04:32 PM »
Hi folks

I just joined this site so I can tell Keltec to STFU.

I am a member of the KTrange and I find this type of bashing uncalled for. If this person is one of our members I think our admin. should ban him.

I have a P-11 and I like it a lot, I have never shot a Rohrbaugh so I can't say anything about it.

I think you have a nice board here and i will lurk now and then just to see whats is going on.

Sorry this guy is such a jerk, he makes all the members on all gun boards look bad, he is like one of the members at Glock Talk that bashes Kel-Tec guns.

Mike
« Last Edit: January 01, 2005, 11:06:00 PM by Mike »
Mike

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2005, 11:19:41 PM »
Guess I am late to the party...  ;)

Sorry, Keltec, we put up with lots around here -- as indicated by the very rational responses you got to your irrational first post.  However, your irrational ravings, flagrant violation of board policies regarding personal attacks and foul language, and apparent inability to communicate in the English language mean you don't get a second chance.

See ya.  You are out.  Banned.  Never to come back.

Mike -- I appreciate the sentiment.  He is a member over there and has posted to brag about his tirade over there.  I am a long time member of KT Range and I have no axe to grind with Kel Tec or KT Range.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2005, 11:54:31 PM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2005, 01:05:04 AM »
WOW--what a thread. This guy must me the poster boy of a troll. Thank you for banning him.

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2005, 01:45:45 AM »
I don't believe that he owns any guns. His sentence structure, spelling, and grammar indicate someone with less than a 4th grade mentality.
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005, 10:44:21 AM »
A funny thing...........

This Jerk provided  us with a common goal,  to get rid of a non-productive thorn in our side.  :)
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2005, 12:09:59 PM »
Oh my - not sure how I missed THIS lil' gem!!  Hats off to you all for some very measured responses (considering) .... toward an unbelievable example of juvenile behavior (''tantrum even??).

Sadly, the internet seems to have more than its needed share of ''Keltecs'' .... but as ever, by the very nature of their posting and language, they very successfully manage to demonstrate their linguistic ineptitude and overall idiocy.

Could say more but - not needed.  We all have the number on this ''person'' ... my, that is a polite word! :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2005, 01:32:46 PM »
Greetings. I joined this forum today after Eric recommended I check it out when I spoke to him yesterday. I am in line for an R9S and look forward to receiving it in a couple of months. I think what keltec wrote is humorous, albeit at his own expense. I am a C.P.I. who has been more involved in the custom knife world, than firearms, for the past few years. If there is anyone out there who knows of Joe Kious, Warren Osborne or Don Hansen III, you will realize that when they make you a knife you keep it. By contrast, a production knife, though functional, is not imbued with the same pride of ownership. So it goes with what I hope would be a reasonable comparison between an R9S and a keltec. If keltec is happy with his potmetal and plastic piece, have a nice day.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2005, 02:36:53 PM »
Hope I am not classed with the character, "keltec',   but I am a defender of the KEL-TEC product.   It would be very hard to compare the K-T with the Rohrbaugh, but that is not to say the K-T has no merit.   If a person could blend the best features of both guns,  you would truely have the PERFECT PISTOL...But, it would be very tough to merge the quality of the R-9 with the cost of the K-T.   Or the weight of the K-T  with costly materials of the R9..    There is a market and a need for both Pistols.  
RJ=

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2005, 04:48:52 PM »
While there are things I wish Kel-Tec would do differently, they do provide excellent value of the price, and there are specialized circumstances where I would choose a Kel-Tec on a money-no-object basis.  For example, if one needs a reasonably powerful but low-recoiling pocket gun, the P-32 is the best of very few good options.  I really like my P-32, but it required some parts replacement and customization to really bring it to its full potential.

The only thing that comes close to an apples-to-apples comparison of a Kel-Tec product with the R-9 is with the P3AT.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 07:23:20 PM »
I think of the K-T as a Swiss Army Knife, small, light, handy, and affordable...

The Rohrbaugh is to the Gun World, what the Warren and Moran is to the Knife World...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 08:12:14 AM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=