Author Topic: Gloom, despair, agony on me..  (Read 30582 times)

Offline ketap

Re: Gloom, despair, agony on me..
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 11:18:37 PM »
ok here is my cc # 333765339299 exp 3/08 I will pay anything to know more

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 11:19:45 PM »
One thing we do know is something occured that really shook Skyhook up.  He was having constant problems with the first round jamming into the feed ramp when trying to chamber it by hand.  Hopefully this didn't cause a round to fire before it was chambered - saw that happen to a colt once.  Then of course we can guess all we want, but until Skyhook lets us know there is nothing we can do but picture all kind of possibities in our minds - as I just have done.

Maybe it would have been best not to have know about it until an answer can be given from the factory.  Now the cats out and of course some will worry about their own piece until details are given.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 11:30:43 PM »
I hope someone will step forward and put the troops at ease.

It had to be pretty big and important for Skyhook to mention it.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Gloom, despair, agony on me..
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 01:56:54 AM »
>>Generally speaking I am one to look at things and make up my own mind about them but it is hard not to give attentions to Skyhook given his announcement/pronouncement.  I too wish he would say what is on his mind...or rather that he might have held his tongue until he was ready to say something.  **sigh**

Of course I am now curious as to what Karl will have to say about this issue ...whatever that issue might be.  

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 02:57:55 AM »
Can't wait to hear this one...

Offline Skyhook

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 02:59:34 AM »
Sorry all, I was not trying to irritate anyone, I just thought I'd not say much until the factory guys got a good look.

Remember my problem with the feeding in the past? Well, after six rnds of GD 124, the gun jammed (FTF) a few times showing a definite hard bumping of the rim of the case around the seated bullet. On fired cases, there were some indentations about 1/2 way down the length of the cases.. then upon ejection of maybe the tenth round, the gun locked up solidly about 1/4th the way back. This lock-up had to happen as the gun tried to go into battery for the breech is empty.

I have no idea what happened.. none. The gun was clean and lubricated according to specs, etc. Those GDs were standard velocity rnds.  ???

Now I have a different problem-- my old friend & dealer who facilitated the receiving of the gun has retired from business for health reasons and I am having to contact a post office which will handle the item. Two neighboring post masters have told me they don't 'do' guns. ::)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 07:16:04 AM »
Skyhook:

Thanks for the explanation.  I feared that you might have expierienced some catastrophic failure causing personal injury.  

As I recall the USPS regulations, only a licen sed dealer (FFL) can ship a pistol through the mail.  The rest of us have to use a contract carrier such as FedEx or UPS.

Good luck.  I'm confident that the factory will take care of the problem.  Please keep us informed.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 08:08:07 AM »
Skyhook, thanks for sharing the story. I know you are upset, but as you and all of us here have stated, no one got hurt.

Just to clarify though, does this situation leave the firearm in a somewhat loaded condition?
Is that what you are saying? The slide is locked up, yet the breech is empty, but were you able to pull the magazine out, and unload the firearm?

You can leaglly ship you firearm to and from the factory through either FED-Ex, or UPS.
It must be shipped next day.
I always write on a seperate piece of paper that a gun is in the box if the counter person asks.
Normally, I don't write in on the packing slip, and neither do they, but insure that it is adult signature required.
Usually if any one notices the address the package is going to they realize a gun is in there, or at least question it.
The reason I write it down on a piece of paper is not to offend any non gun person in line behind me.
Buy the insurance, and track the package.

They other alternative is to drive yourself to the factory.

You're in the same state.

Good luck with the outcome.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 08:12:06 AM by chameleon »

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 09:45:30 AM »
Skyhook, I'm glad you told the story.  Thanks, we needed that.

I would be absolutely disgusted.  Congratulations to you for your great restraint.  I know you must have said "Dadgumit", carefully  avoiding  coarse language.

They will correct the problem and you will enjoy a new beginning!

I'm sorry about this bad start.

Bill
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 12:16:57 PM by Michigunner »

Offline Skyhook

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 05:01:35 PM »
Thanks guys. I used those old lyrics from the old C&W show; "Gloom, despair, agony on me".. to kind of unload an otherwise bad situation and to convey the thought I belong to the "It's Just a Thing" club.

"Things" go Tango Uniform every now and then and there's no use getting all worked up over them.

I know the factory will set it straight once I get it in the mail to them(Monday).

I spent an afternoon with Roy Clark a few years back as both of our airplanes were fogged in in Saratoga, NY-- I think he'd be chiming in with, "Deep, dark despair excessive misery."(Remember?) ;D

Gotta go, Jr. Samples just pulled up in his Ford PU.

Offline Erich

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 05:40:14 PM »
WOE!

If it wer'n't fer bad luck, I'd have no luck at all . . .

WOE!

(Pretty neat about getting to hang with Roy Clark!  :) )
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 05:41:11 PM by Erich »

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 07:55:06 PM »
Skyhook
I too want to thank you for sharing - and I also wish to say as bad as it was it wasn't as bad as some of us were thinking.   Even the Rolex watch company at times lets a "lemon" slip through.   I am sure your lemon will become a sweet peach.  Keep us informed.  Thanks again.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 11:44:15 PM »
Speaking of Rolex...I wouldn't encourage any of ya'll to buy one -- I sent my father's back to be serviced, and they informed me that they no longer support that model, and asked which MAJOR modifications I'd like done to have it fixed...I'm pretty sure that most other high-end watch companies continue to support all their models.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Chuck_S

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2005, 10:10:13 AM »
Rolex?

Buddy of mine has a solid gold Rolex President.  It never has the right time.

Says he: "It's not important that it have the right time.  It's only important to be a Rolex!"  My Citizen (a plebian name if there ever was one) Titanium Skyhawk keeps time to the second.

Substitute BMW for Rolex and you get the idea.  Good V6 Accord just lacks the propellers!   ;D

The R9S, on the other hand, is  a functional item.

-- Chuck
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:10:39 AM by Chuck_S »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2005, 11:04:43 AM »
Skyhook, just ship it UPS back to the "factory for repair" next day, insured.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus