Author Topic: Failure to Feed!  (Read 9099 times)

Offline Skyhook

• Expert
Re: Failure to Feed!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2005, 09:10:15 AM »
Rohrbaugh received my R9S abourt 1100 this morning.  I received a telephone call from Karl Rohrbaugh within 90 minutes to discuss the problem.

-- Chuck

I'm still awaiting to hear from Mr. R and they've had my jammed piece since last Tuesday. Interesting.

Offline Erich

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2005, 09:39:30 AM »
I wouldn't read anything into it. They're a small shop (6 folks, IIRC), and who knows what demads might be on Karl's shoulders this week.

Given the experiences of everyone I've read of who's sent a gun back to Rohrbaugh (including myself), yours will get fixed good as new but functioning 100%. Mine actually took a couple of weeks - and man, did they seem long  ;) - before it was back in my hands.

Anyway, I know what you're going through - concern that it won't be fixable and that you're going to be out this considerable pile of money . . . and you want your gun back!  :)  I feel for you as you go through it, but . . . if past indicators have anything to do with future performance . . . it's going to work out fine. Hang in there, amigo!  :)

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2005, 10:32:12 AM »
Erich,

Those were very soothing words.  Very comforting and well said.  
You would make a great negotiator for law enforcement.

In fact, I needed to read your remarks, and I'm not even having any problems.

If Skyhook ever takes us for an airplane ride, and throws the stick out the window, I would immediately contact you on the radio.  

:)

Bill

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2005, 02:47:11 PM »
Given the experiences of everyone I've read of who's sent a gun back to Rohrbaugh (including myself), yours will get fixed good as new but functioning 100%.

As good as new but functioning 100%!  And the implication here is that a new R9 won't function 100%!  LOL

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2005, 03:07:48 PM »
 ;D
None of my customers have had any problems with their guns, ranging # from 1xx to 9xx.!!! ::)
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Skyhook

• Expert
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2005, 08:27:19 AM »
 ::)

"Fixed as good as new..." Well, in my case, I certainly hope it is fixed 'better than new'. ;)

Bill, that story of the 'stick overboard' is one funny standard!

I try not to loose anything overboard. :o   ;D

Offline Erich

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2005, 10:54:30 AM »
Thanks for the compliment, Bill!  :)

Offline SAWBONES

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2005, 12:02:04 AM »
 My R-9S is on its way back to Deer Park, again.
Cost me $64 again, dammit, UPS, insured, overnight.

I have to say, I'm tired of this.
Cracked slide, consistent FTFs, peened barrel.

I asked them to not send it back till it's genuinely fixed.
Humani nihil alienum

Offline SAWBONES

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2005, 02:20:56 PM »
Just got a phone mail message from Karl Rohrbaugh offering to refund my purchase price for the gun, said they couldn't fix it.
A generous offer, I'm sure, but now that I've gone to the expense of acquiring several nice pocket holsters (left-handed), I'm not sure what I'll do! Maybe see if anyone would wish to buy them?
Humani nihil alienum

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2005, 03:31:08 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear the bad news, SAWBONES.  That is a tough decision.

If it helps any, my pistol has never failed, although the rounds fired count is only 62.

It has successfully fired Gold Dot 124, Ranger 147, Federal HS 124, WWB 115, and Magsafe 60.  I was pleased that it handled such a variety.

I'm reluctant to say anymore, and express my true concerns, because the remarks might be construed as disparaging.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2005, 03:39:23 PM »
Was there an offer to replace it?

Offline Skyhook

• Expert
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2005, 03:43:25 PM »
Just got a phone mail message from Karl Rohrbaugh offering to refund my purchase price for the gun, said they couldn't fix it.
A generous offer, I'm sure, but now that I've gone to the expense of acquiring several nice pocket holsters (left-handed), I'm not sure what I'll do! Maybe see if anyone would wish to buy them?

Although I vowed to never post here again as I do not do sycophancy well and anything else is, well, sort of Un-Rohrbauchian, I do have to ask, sawbones: Were you offered a NEW R9 instead of a refund??

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2005, 03:53:16 PM »
Yes, I also wonder if replacement with a new pistol was offered.

Bill

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2005, 03:56:02 PM »
Skyhook, PM sent.

Offline SAWBONES

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2005, 04:03:20 PM »
I was unable to take the cell phone call when it came, so all I got was the phone message left by Karl Rohrbaugh, which offered the refund but made no mention about replacement.

I'm not sure if Rohrbaugh CAN replace the whole gun without my filling out Form 4473.

OTOH, I must admit that, cynic that I am, I wondered if I might have been deemed a "troublemaker" at Rohrbaugh, and considered better to be rid of with an offer of a refund instead of replacement.
I make no judgement of any kind as yet, and will be contacting Rohrbaugh again when I get a minute's peace (maybe tomorrow?), but I do think that a refund offer is decent of the company in any case.
I'll post again when I know more.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes!
Humani nihil alienum