Author Topic: The Pup has returned home  (Read 9231 times)

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
Re: The Pup has returned home
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 10:11:22 AM »
Reinz,
thanks for those two posts they are helpful but I would love to see pictures of your two tone.  Do you have them posted anywhere?
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 01:46:38 PM »

Just so you know next time -  gun laws allow you to ship directly yourself to Robar, since they are gunsmiths.  You do NOT have to go through your FFL  --- IF the gun is already in your name.

You as an individual just can NOT send by mail.  Only an FFL can ship a pistol by mail.  Individuals must use UPS,FED EX, or DHL.

And of course, Robar can send the gun back directly to you as well.

That way you can save some time and money next time.

Cheers

Reinz

I knew about being able to ship by UPS, Fed-Ex etc but they require overnight shipping and it was more than having my FFL do it for me. The return shipping was direct to me from Robar and was overnight UPS at $28 and change.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »
John

Good for you and thank you for posting the pictures. I too look forward to the same holster from Rafter S and will be owning a Robar R9S.

Also, intersting stuff about the sight dots.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »
John,

I picked my Robar RR model today. It is a beautiful gun but something unusual happened when I dry fired it: The trigger did not return. Instead, it was "stuck" as though it were in single action mode of a DA gun. When I racked the slide, against empty magazine, trigger went back into DAO mode.

My perception is that the Robar coating might be a factor, due to already tight tolerances. However, I defer to the forum. What I don't want to do is fire the gun if this issue is rightful cause for concern.

Comments please.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 08:59:04 PM »
Glad to hear you got your Robar.  Can't speak to your specific problem, but am sure someone here can help. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Just had a thought.  A few more dry fires with a snap cap may loosen up the tight tolerance where the trigger is concerned.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:05:39 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 09:17:26 PM »
ACP,

Not knowing for sure what is the nature of the problem I would
do two things:

1. Contact Rohrbaugh.

2. Fire it. I don't see any inherent downside safety issue with
the problem as you described it, and just take it from there.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 09:28:24 PM »
Thanks much to both of you. I have to admit that my instinct is to fire the gun. I don't think the trigger will stick when the slide is engaged by going live.

In the event that I never post again, you may interpret that this plan failed.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 09:58:08 PM »
This is from the Robar site.
How do I maintain my refinished firearm?
We suggest maintaining the exterior as you would a blued firearm to keep them in the best condition possible! If you have a firearm completely refinished in NP3, a period of 200 to 300 rounds is typically required for break in with quality gun oil or grease. After this period you can run your weapon lightly lubricated or completely dry! If you've chosen Roguard, the same number of rounds apply however, we suggest keeping a minimal amount of synthetic lubricant in the higher wearing areas.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 10:05:16 PM »
ACP.  Another thought; I recall your Robar has CF grips.  Could be, whoever installed the CFs may have not got the trigger spring back just right.  Don't know that, but just thinking.  If the grips were factory installed, or even if Robar installed them, I would say that's not the problem.

However, you know the problems folks here on the forum are having replacing grips.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 10:25:35 PM »
I thought about the trigger spring possibility, too, but since
you said it was all right the second try I discarded that as a
problem area potential. The suggestion about proper lubrication
is always prudent.

Although I don't have anything against dry firing I would not use
that solely as a criteria for a matter of concern.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »
John,

I picked my Robar RR model today. It is a beautiful gun but something unusual happened when I dry fired it: The trigger did not return. Instead, it was "stuck" as though it were in single action mode of a DA gun. When I racked the slide, against empty magazine, trigger went back into DAO mode.

My perception is that the Robar coating might be a factor, due to already tight tolerances. However, I defer to the forum. What I don't want to do is fire the gun if this issue is rightful cause for concern.

Comments please.

Tracker:  I don't think ACP tried it for the 2nd time.  He racked the slide, against empty magazine, trigger went back into DAO mode.  Could be I missed something.

ACP.  I still think the trigger spring may be an issue.  Just maybe.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:59:08 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 10:52:29 PM »
John,

Comments please.
ACP,
I saw this same issue with a "Special Forces" model.  I have no sugestion other than contacting Rohrbaugh and sad to hear.  Maybe there is some issue with these higher end units.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 05:09:58 AM »
Reinz,
thanks for those two posts they are helpful but I would love to see pictures of your two tone.  Do you have them posted anywhere?

Fatboy - I do not have a picture posted.  I am totally dumb in this area.  Next time my daughter is around I will see if I can get her to do it for me.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 05:12:44 AM »

I knew about being able to ship by UPS, Fed-Ex etc but they require overnight shipping and it was more than having my FFL do it for me. The return shipping was direct to me from Robar and was overnight UPS at $28 and change.
John

Well it looks like you were thinking smarter than I was!  ;)

Reinz

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 05:17:45 AM »
ACP.  Another thought; I recall your Robar has CF grips.  Could be, whoever installed the CFs may have not got the trigger spring back just right.  Don't know that, but just thinking.  If the grips were factory installed, or even if Robar installed them, I would say that's not the problem.

However, you know the problems folks here on the forum are having replacing grips.

+1

This has my vote

Reinz