Author Topic: The Pup has returned home  (Read 9230 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: The Pup has returned home
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 09:01:27 AM »
Thank you all for your comments. Tracker's statement that it was okay the second time is false; it is correct to say that each time I dry fired the Robar model, (about a dozen times), the trigger stuck and it was only when I removed the magazine and racked the slide that the trigger returned to the correct position.

I will be firing the gun later today in the hope that the RR model will perform normally. If I encounter problems, I will consider the comment as to adjusting CF aftermarket grips. Also, I have a good lubicant that was mandated for useage on my FN 5.7X28MM P90, which ought to work well with the NP3 gun

The last thing I want to do is return it to Rohrbaugh. I am mailing the warranty card in today and who among you would disagree that this would be a disappointment? However, I do not want to mess with an $1885.00 gun and it is better to let the professionals attend the gun, if necessary, than to live with the issues unless they go away as hoped.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 09:09:59 AM »
Good luck ACP!  Hope it works!!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 10:28:29 AM »
ACP:

I'll go out on a limb and predict that the issue will be resolved after some range time and a good lubricant.

Good luck!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 10:50:23 AM »
ACP,
Sorry I misunderstood your first statement about your dry
firing sequence. I'll go out on that same limb with Richard.
If this were grip related, why not just exchange grips and
isolate that possibility?
Also, I thought you bought Rohrbaugh CF grips that were not
made for your pistol, not aftermarket grips.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »
I really hope that's it;  range time, that is.  We'll see, but given the circumstances, I'll go out on a limb and say it's still trigger spring related, with all due respect.  If I'm remembering correctly, the Robar came to ACP with CFs.  Just remembering the pictures that have been since removed.

Again, I hope it's resolved with some shooting today!

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 12:30:11 PM »
ACP, As I remember the grips on your new Robar where Rohrbaugh CF grips. As they were not put on by the factory, Jeff may have missed something when he installed them. So I would check that out plus the gun may need some oil to help the brake in with new finish.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »
ACP,
Good luck.  I agree it is very disappointing, especially when this is what you have craved after so much, even to have a little thing go wrong is irksome.  I would personally narrow down the issue before any range time.  Trade out the grips first and even make sure everything is oiled right and lastly check out the spring for any see-able issues.  You don't want to leave a gun that you may use as a life defense with an unknown grimlin....it will always bug you even if it starts working it will leave you with questions.  jmo

The only other thing I can say is this is not an isolated case, I have at least seen one other and in fact I think that was what my first post here was about.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 01:20:20 PM by Fat_Boy »
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 02:28:14 PM »
Thank you all for your responses. Richard and tracker are safely on that limb:

1. Grips are factory CF as provided by the seller, though not original to the gun. I used my allen wrench to loosen right grip and then tighten, applying less torque in doing so.
2. I took off to the range and mailed my warranty card for the Robar model enroute.
3. First things first: The first shot was taken with only one cartridge in battery, magazine removed. My thinking was to diminish issues like FTF, FTE and slide travel. Robar R9 went "boom", slide returned perfectly and trigger did not seize.
4. I racked the slide and shot 3 more rounds, each without incident. Happiness is a warm gun.
5. There isn't really a #5 comment but it is my favorite number so I just decided to use it anyway.

Conclusion: The most important role for my R9 is to carry it. I shoot little in the manner I have described elsewhere. However, it is imperative that the R9 I carry works. The Robar RR model I just obtained is easily the finest Rohrbaugh gun I have owned in the 5 I have purchased. This morning's session was very important to me. If problems ensue in future I will return it to the factory. Alternatively, if shooting is the "cure", I am on my way. Thank you once again for your support.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 02:49:02 PM »
Congratulations and thanks for keeping us informed. It must
be a great relief to see a thing of beauty function well.

After all, it is a "fire" arm and it passed the acid test.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 02:54:08 PM »
ACP.  Great to hear it goes BANG.  Excellent.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 04:26:03 PM »
"I love it when a plan comes together!"  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 05:25:31 PM »
congrats, beautiful gun, wish I could buy another.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2009, 05:54:31 AM »
Great news!  

Keep it runnin'

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
 ACP glad things are working out, I know I was concerned when mine came back from being groomed, wondering if there would be an issue. Hope everything keeps working smooth.
John
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:10:11 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 08:55:46 PM »
We're on the same side, John, and thank you for your concern.