Author Topic: Black or Blue Carbon Fiber Grips???  (Read 9456 times)

Offline ap1169

• Sharpshooter
Black or Blue Carbon Fiber Grips???
« on: February 14, 2010, 12:55:07 AM »
Which is the more rare? Blue or Black?  Which is worth more?  I talked with Maria and she told me that Rorbaugh made more pistols with the Blue Carbon Fiber Grips.  So, the Black should be the harder to find, Correct?  Please let me know your thoughts on this question.  Thanks, Robert

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Black or Blue Carbon Fiber Grips???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 07:49:58 AM »
Robert.  Most people want the black.  Black does seem to be more rare.  Rohrbaugh making more pistols with the blue would explain the rarity of the black; so, my thoughts are, you are correct.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 11:58:39 AM »

That statement that more blue CF blue grips were made than black surprised me; wonder how many of each were made.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 12:07:48 PM »
Tom, I'm with you on that. The blue CF grips were first and then went to both colors then black CF grips. I thought the black looked better with the darker frame.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 02:52:44 PM »
I agree with the black looking better.  Much better!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 03:09:44 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »
That statement that more blue CF blue grips were made than black surprised me; wonder how many of each were made.

Let's ask Maria!

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »
I have a set of Black and a set of Blue.  My R-9 is wearing the Black right now. But maybe the Blue next week ;D
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 08:56:23 PM »
I have blue CFs, black CFs, G10s, silver aluminums, and OD aluminums. I tend to use the OD aluminums for everyday use and install the black CFs for BBQs.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »
Some of us have obsessive ammunition hoarding disorder (OAHD) and some of us have obsessive grip acquisition disorder (OGAD). We know you're out there and maybe some confessions to these foibles might be cathartic.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 09:29:14 PM »
Confession of an OGAD: I love black carbon fiber grips and hate G10. My catharsis is to give away G10 grips to those who need them. In this way I am able to be of help to fellow forum members and (simultaneously) dump the material that I continue to regard as a big mistake on the part of the factory.

BTW: Anybody on the forum need a pair of G10 grips? I have yet another pair which, happily, were replaced on my two tone R9. My treat, to include postage. Anybody intersted, let me know.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »

Your generosity in giving away the reviled G10 grips has been duly noted and gives you almost complete absolution of OGAD.

I forgot to mention the holster thing.

Offline ap1169

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 11:55:22 PM »
If you still have the G10 grips, I would give them a good home.  Robert

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 07:07:52 AM »
ACP.  Another good deed.  Excellent.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 07:53:36 AM »
I have blue CFs, black CFs, G10s, silver aluminums, and OD aluminums. I tend to use the OD aluminums for everyday use and install the black CFs for BBQs.   8)

Richard.  That's alota grips!  That's a good thing.  I like the ones for BBQs.  Just me, of course.    8)     8)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 08:17:48 AM »
Some of us have obsessive ammunition hoarding disorder (OAHD) and some of us have obsessive grip acquisition disorder (OGAD). We know you're out there and maybe some confessions to these foibles might be cathartic.

Step 1. My name is Richard. I am an OGAD. I have at least two sets of grips for every handgun I own. I even have interchangeable stocks for most of my long guns. I not only have five sets of grips for my R9 but also once tried eight times to have a pair of silver grips cast for the "pup." I am  currently fighting the urge to order a pair of Esmeralda's grips for my primary 1911 even though I already have four sets for the pistol, one pair of which is a beautifully matched pair carved from imported Sambar Stag. I am an OGAD. I need help.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:29:03 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"