Author Topic: Black or Blue Carbon Fiber Grips???  (Read 9457 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Black or Blue Carbon Fiber Grips???
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 08:28:09 AM »
Ah, Richard.  Where've I heard, change your mind at the drop of a hat?  All in fun!  Step 2.  Help is on the way.   ;D     ;D    
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 11:02:01 AM »
By Richard's standards I am, at best, an apprentice OGAD. But, one lives in hope.

Robert: check your PM. Send me your address and the G10 grips are yours.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ap1169

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »
ACP, Thank you very much.
You are a very generous gentleman.
Robert

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »
Robert.  A comment on your auction on GunBroker.  This is just my preference.  I am interested in an early R9, however, very early, and would want it the way the factory made it.  No changes.  Others may disagree and that's OK.    
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:03:51 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 11:47:20 AM »
Richard, The Sambar Stag grips are perfect for your 1911, nothing new in grips would work there. 8) However, in an effort to help your condition, you could buy another pistol and then get some of her grips for that new pistola. Just trying to help. ;) :D ;D  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 12:05:04 PM »
    I have two sets of original equipment grips if anyone would like a set(or both) pm a mailing address. I'll gladly send them to you. Happily, I'm not a grip junkie. But if I go more than a week without buying any ammo I start to tremble a bit.    Gene            
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 12:59:19 PM »
Gene.  I know the feeling on ammo.    ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 03:33:43 PM »
Because of this thread, my usual joie de vivre is beginning to suffer. Not only am I forced to admit that I am afflicted with the dreaded OGAD, I also see signs that I am developing OAHD, I am well known as a total "holster junkie," and I have rarely seen a gun I didn't like or want (Bryco, Jennings, etc. excepted).

I think I'll ease the pain by retreating this evening into a bottle of Irish whiskey about as old as I am. [size=10][Wait a minute . . . . Does that mean I have yet another problem?   :-/]  [/size]
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 04:04:41 PM »
Richard, I'll join you...Slainte   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 04:20:24 PM »
Lightbulb moment: While Richard and Tom are retreating to the bottle, I just thought of diamond grips! If you have carbon fiber grips you are on your way. Just place your cf grips under intense pressure for a million years and there you go.

Besides enjoying your new diamond R9 grips, the R45 might,(by then), actually be in production!
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ap1169

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 06:38:01 PM »
Forum members, PLEASE do not bid on the GB pistol.  I was changing the grip screws back to the original silver screws and stripped out the black screw.  I must get it repaired before I can sell this Rohrbaugh.  Please understand, Robert

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 07:17:01 PM »
Robert.  Thanks for letting us know.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »
   I have two sets of original equipment grips if anyone would like a set(or both) pm a mailing address. I'll gladly send them to you. Happily, I'm not a grip junkie. But if I go more than a week without buying any ammo I start to tremble a bit.    Gene            

More good deeds.  Gene.  I'm sure there's someone here can use your grips.  Excellent.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 10:05:35 AM »

I think I'll ease the pain by retreating this evening into a bottle of Irish whiskey about as old as I am. [size=10][Wait a minute . . . . Does that mean I have yet another problem?   :-/]  [/size]

Richard.  How'd that work out for ya?    ;D     ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 12:12:28 PM »

Richard.  How'd that work out for ya?    ;D     ;D

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." [size=10](Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi, ch. 23 [1883])[/size]  

Have I ever mentioned that my paternal grandmother was a bonnie lass from County Cork?   8)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:14:32 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"