Author Topic: Black or Blue Carbon Fiber Grips???  (Read 9459 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Black or Blue Carbon Fiber Grips???
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 12:24:08 PM »

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." [size=10](Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi, ch. 23 [1883])[/size]  

Have I ever mentioned that my paternal grandmother was a bonnie lass from County Cork?   8)

Don't remember you mentioning that.    ;D    However, haven't read all the posts, either.   Sounds like the Irish whiskey is some good stuff!   :)     :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »
That statement that more blue CF blue grips were made than black surprised me; wonder how many of each were made.

Brenden states in his post of 2/19/08 that 300 were made with blue CF grips then went to black until material ran out.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
   Don't want to hijack the thread. But, both sets of G-10s are gone (amen).           Gene
birdman

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
birdman: You are not hijacking; you are returning to the thread's origin. As to your comment regarding G10? Well done.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 07:53:28 AM »
  Don't want to hijack the thread. But, both sets of G-10s are gone (amen).           Gene

Gene.  Good deed accomplished!  You did good!  Excellent.

Offline ap1169

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 05:51:58 PM »
Thank you ACP for the grips and even screws.  You are definitely a Gentleman.  Thanks Again, Robert

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 07:46:09 PM »
Robert.  Wishing you the best on the repair of your R9.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
Robert
You are most welcome. It's an honor to send the grips to San Antonio, the home of the Alamo. Given the present political climate, the Alamo, for me, is all the more hallowed ground.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »
Well stated and with a keen perception, ACP; we will issue you a Texas Passport anytime.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:10:35 PM by tracker »

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 09:30:45 PM »
But, I am a native of New Jersey and I don't speak Texan. I am not worthy.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2010, 10:05:47 PM »

ACP:

Quite the contrary! It would appear that one Robert Cochran, a member of Carey's company, was born in 1810 in the State of New Jersey (some records might say New Hampshire, but the Cochran County History lists him as a native of New Jersey) and died a hero's death defending the Alamo. Cochran County, Texas is named for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alamo_defenders

http://www.txgenweb2.org/txcochran/cochran_county_history.htm

As for speaking Texan, it'll begin to come naturally after a few days hanging around some of those beautiful Texas women.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:25:16 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 10:41:31 PM »
Thanks for the Cochran info. When I went to Texas Tech, the only place to buy beer was in Bledsoe, Tx., on the N.M. line. There was a great bar there on the line where we would celebrate "Thirsty Thursday" almost every week. I had no idea that was Cochran County.

The added advantage is that we were in the next time zone in N.M. and the bar closed at midnight but it was 1 a.m. Texas time. It is a wonder we are all mostly still alive.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:02:32 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2010, 06:00:37 AM »

ACP.  Tracker will be glad to teach you the lingo.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2010, 10:39:49 AM »

We could do basic Texan in a week or so, but all of the different dialects take a bit longer.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2010, 11:50:10 AM »
tracker, when I lived in Lubbock, we just had to drive out to the "strip" for adult beverages and sign a note book to go into a club.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus