Author Topic: Black or Blue Carbon Fiber Grips???  (Read 9458 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Black or Blue Carbon Fiber Grips???
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2010, 12:11:17 PM »
We could do basic Texan in a week or so, but all of the different dialects take a bit longer.

I believe basic Texan would work!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 03:31:37 PM »
tracker, when I lived in Lubbock, we just had to drive out to the "strip" for adult beverages and sign a note book to go into a club.  Tom

Tom:

I was working in a certain country in 1980 which had imposed religious law and outlawed, among other things, the consumption of alcoholic beverages by its citizens. Severe restrictions were imposed on foreigners who were in country on temorary visas and wished to consume alcohol. In order to get a drink of whiskey, we visa holders were required to repair to a windowless room in the bowels of the hotel -- a place with a locked door resembling a speakeasy during Prohibition -- present our room key to gain admittance, and then sign a paper indicating that we were alcoholics who required the beverage to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Meanwhile, just down the street, you could openly and legally purchase over-the-counter from the neighborhood chemist (here read "drug store") various items which U. S. law would describe as controlled substances .

Somewhere in the Near East, moldering in a subterranean  vault, there may still be a number of written documents bearing my signature in which I declared myself to be a hopeless alcoholic.   8)

As the old movie title stated, it's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 03:35:05 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 04:41:09 PM »

Richard,

That is just the practical side of working within the system and going with the flow in your case. The hypocrisy that exists in that part of the world is quite staggering, however.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2010, 08:57:10 PM »

FYI,

I just deleted a previous post that had some pop-up ads in the map that may not be acceptable to some of the forum members.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2010, 10:03:31 PM »
Wow. I realize quite a few posts have transpired since my statement about how "I am not worthy".

I am particulary grateful to Richard for posting the thread about a native of NJ having actually defended the Alamo.

Let's hope Obama doesn't try to convert the Alamo into a center for social tolerance for "Undocumented Aliens".
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2010, 10:58:56 PM »

"Remember the Alamo" is proudly preserved on this forum.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2010, 11:14:37 PM »
Amen and Amen!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2010, 05:59:55 AM »
tracker, when I lived in Lubbock, we just had to drive out to the "strip" for adult beverages and sign a note book to go into a club.  Tom

The exciting days!

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2010, 05:21:03 PM »
Concerning the black vs blue grip numbers,300 blues were made for the very first pups..

I always figured that there were more black than blues,I really like the blue better than the black,but currently carrying blacks on my pup!!

I have OEM "extras" in blue and black,plus another CF from this forum,and a G-10 for grins!!

No one can compare to Richard and his grip fetish though.. ;)  ;D
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »

No one can compare to Richard and his grip fetish though.. ;)  ;D

Brenden, my dear and valued friend, just for that I've resurrected these photographs of two of my "safe queens" which were honorably discharged after I took delivery of R9 No. 132.

[BLING Alert!   8) ]  

;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2010, 08:05:49 PM »
Richard,
Even with the Bling alert,my eyes still hurt!!! :)

I have always enjoyed those cornea burners!!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2010, 05:44:18 AM »
FYI,

I just deleted a previous post that had some pop-up ads in the map that may not be acceptable to some of the forum members.

Very thoughtful, for sure.

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2010, 02:31:57 PM »

Tom:

I was working in a certain country in 1980 which had imposed religious law and outlawed, among other things, the consumption of alcoholic beverages by its citizens. Severe restrictions were imposed on foreigners who were in country on temorary visas and wished to consume alcohol. In order to get a drink of whiskey, we visa holders were required to repair to a windowless room in the bowels of the hotel -- a place with a locked door resembling a speakeasy during Prohibition -- present our room key to gain admittance, and then sign a paper indicating that we were alcoholics who required the beverage to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Meanwhile, just down the street, you could openly and legally purchase over-the-counter from the neighborhood chemist (here read "drug store") various items which U. S. law would describe as controlled substances .

Somewhere in the Near East, moldering in a subterranean  vault, there may still be a number of written documents bearing my signature in which I declared myself to be a hopeless alcoholic.   8)

As the old movie title stated, it's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

Oh does all that sound familiar!....been there done that!

Cheers to all our not so inebriated geniuses in sandland!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:32:52 PM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2010, 06:15:26 PM »
I've always assumed there were more blacks than blues but have nothing to verify that with other than knowing about the 300 blues and that the cf grip guns made it up into the R900's or so.  I've thought for years that there were about 300 blues and 600+ black ones.
Corey

Offline ap1169

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2010, 12:53:29 AM »
Thanks Corey for the information.  That was what I was looking for when I started this post.  Robert