Author Topic: Bought 2 Rohrbaugh R9S's this month  (Read 28125 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Bought 2 Rohrbaugh R9S's this month
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »
Yep.  I was thinking the same thing.  Don't really quite understand that one.  There's an explanation somewhere, just don't know what it is.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2010, 08:57:36 PM »
Whoever is making slides may have run short on metal stock. An open order, for raw material, may be delinquent or a purchase order may not have been placed within supplier's leadtime.

Alternatively, the factory may be using this matter as an excuse to cover other factors in play they do not wish to disclose. This is absolutely common.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2010, 10:14:19 PM »
As I stated, there is an explanation somewhere, I just don't know what it is.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2010, 10:24:45 PM »

Under deep cover.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2010, 11:49:26 AM »
 ???
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2010, 10:02:30 PM »
Slide was replaced and it is perfect  ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:24:51 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2010, 10:48:03 PM »
Now that's an excellent outcome.  Sounds like you're happy!

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2010, 11:01:25 PM »
Yep! On another note, the Hogue Extreme grips are well worth it too!

Offline park245

« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2010, 11:52:01 PM »
Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

I'm an MS Industrial Engineer, Harvard MBA, ex-USAF Maintainance Officer, NASA Qualified Quality Control Exec in the electronics industry and all-around stickler for high quality products... (my wife is NOT impressed!!)

I am as impressed with my new R9s as I have ever been with any product I have ever evaluated. It is a high quality, mission-focused product which, as far as I can assess from input on this forum in the last five years, has evolved to its present state with only minor changes which have added performance and reliability. Obviously, Karl had the background and the passion to develop an "optimal design" product and we all are enthusiastic about owning an "early Rohrbaugh". The problem, as is usually the case in successful entrepreneurial endeavors, is how to grow without compromising quality. Rohrbaugh now owns the top end of the concealed carry market. He can move to quickly expand market share by expanding high volume at the expense of quality or by retaining the high quality segment and charging a premium price. I sincerely hope that he chooses to be the Tiffany brand in this market!!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2010, 06:56:24 AM »
Park:

I couldn't express it any better if I tried.

Welcome to the campfire!

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2010, 08:20:34 AM »
  Being an Engineer and a Form follows Function type of guy,
I looked at my slide and saw that it too had some marking from the machining. I however, chose not to worry about whether it was absent of these marks as they have, as far as I can tell absolutely no bearing on the use and reliabilty of the R9S. Plus, the fact you must disassemble the Pup in order to see them makes them not worthy of too much time being spent on them, let alone making a project out of them.
 Too many other things to play with !  ;D

Maybe I will readdress the issue when I feel I have steeled myself to send off the Pup for surjery. (We have not been parted for very long since it joined the "Family".  :'(

Chief
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:25:46 AM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »
Park245,  Welcome to the Forum and may your Rohrbaugh serve you well.  Your concerns are also the R-Bros concerns.  Quality control is a TOP priority.  Rohrbaugh will maintain quality over volume.  That comes direct to me from Karl and Eric every day.  Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER